SEO

rsheldon
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Defining your SEO goals

By setting goals and putting numbers to those goals, you'll be able to figure out whether your SEO efforts are actually paying off. Many businesses will simply say, "We want to rank #1 for this keyword," but that isn't quite enough.

Keeping this in mind, what are the goals for your website?

• Do you want to increase organic traffic?
  • Do you want to increase the number of leads from your website?
  • Do you want to design a mobile-friendly website?
  • Or is your goal something completely different?

Share your primary SEO goal in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Basics lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,469 Replies 4,469
CharmaineBrough
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

Where to start?!  Knowing nothing about SEO, key words, etc, I need to upskill and take the plunge!Hence starting with SEO course and will immediately update my 'stale' website.😄

EFrank

Defining your SEO goals

my business is new so ill start by, gaining crawl accessibility, then creating compelling content that is relevant in internet search trends, and for the next few months ill work on keyword optimization 

0 Upvotes
PeggyYip

Defining your SEO goals

Enhance the orangic traffic and drive leads from social media to website

TBaloch

Defining your SEO goals

organic traffic

BAdams4

Defining your SEO goals

I would like for my site to attract new leads and also build a follower base for a newsletter where I will promote services.

PVaidya

Defining your SEO goals

To increase organic traffic.

0 Upvotes
leakarla

Defining your SEO goals

Just starting out with SEO so I'll start with creating brand awareness by creating relevant, keyword optimized content. Build audience by doing ads for atleast 3 months (although I'm not sure if this period is enough) and slowly rely on organic traffic. Build authority by gaining backlinks through share-worthy content backed with outreach. So, for the first 12 months, I'll focus more on increasing the website's traffic

HelenRuiz

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase the number of leads coming from our website from 25% to 50% or more by April 2022. 

0 Upvotes
mzahi

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase organic traffic by 40 % , increase number of leads and increase number of backlinks

MichO630
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

It's been a year since we started our SEO efforts and our traffic is increasing with the continuous efforts. However, I'd like to see us double our organic traffic from its current number, generate 3 digit leads from the website, usability on mobile devices, also increase our DR and AS to industry standards. 🙏

0 Upvotes
BBuddies

Defining your SEO goals

Hi.

Ive been running my business Bed Buddies www.bedbuddies.com.au for about 18 months now. I spend too much money on google ads to generate traffic, and have slowly but surely been building my content. In December last year I had a heart attack and realised my mortality and that apart from memories, my business is also part of the legacy Im going to leave my kids. So Im driven now to succeed. My goals for 2022 are to:

1. Increase my conversion rate to a minimum of between 2 & 3%

2. To build my organic search traffic so that my paid ads dont keep consuming all my profits. To this end, I want my business to be turning over a six figure gross profit by the end of the year.

Achievable? I dont know. Have I got the motivation and determination to succeed? Absolutely!

0 Upvotes
ScribeUnlimited

Defining your SEO goals

Hmm. I'm actually working with four different websites here. Three of them, which are webcomic sites, probably fit two of the goals as listed above, in that I'd like to increase traffic to those sites and have them mobile-friendly or responsive to many types of media. The primary one, the writing and book publishing/marketing site, will probably fall more into the "leads" category. It makes no sense to me to get more traffic to this site if it's not going to "catch" clients for us, so I need to design a campaign that will not only attract the right traffic in the targeted area I'd like, but will interest part of that traffic to be motivated enough to become a client.

It's funny, just having typed that out above, is giving me ideas for marketing campaigns and advertising to employ. 😄  Thanks, Hubspot! 😍

Scribes Unlimited

0 Upvotes
RRaina
Contributor

Defining your SEO goals

I would have to say: all of the above. I am currently working on it. SEO content writing is in high demand, and I wanted to learn about it. This course is really helping me achieve that. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
AnkurGupta

Defining your SEO goals

I want to build an authoritative website with relevant content to build brand awareness and acquire new leads(5 leads) in the next 6 months.

0 Upvotes
RBoksmati

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is use this knowledge when I get a marketing position after graduation to increase organic traffic and design a more user friendly website for my company.

0 Upvotes
DSikand

Defining your SEO goals

Yes I want to increase organic traffic and mobile friendly website.

0 Upvotes
spiderworking
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase organic traffic to the content designed for my target market.
I want to rank for new search terms as my business has evolved.

0 Upvotes
annalisa88

Defining your SEO goals

I have a few goals such as increase organic traffic, optimize old posts and make sure my website is mobile -friendly

0 Upvotes
Rikoajip

Defining your SEO goals

The goal is to build mobile friendly website, organic traffic and design fast.

0 Upvotes
Sam_SK

Defining your SEO goals

Increase the number of leads to my website. 

0 Upvotes
BMallik

Defining your SEO goals

The goal is to build more organic traffic and design fast & mobile friendly website.

0 Upvotes