SEO

rsheldon
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Defining your SEO goals

By setting goals and putting numbers to those goals, you'll be able to figure out whether your SEO efforts are actually paying off. Many businesses will simply say, "We want to rank #1 for this keyword," but that isn't quite enough.

Keeping this in mind, what are the goals for your website?

• Do you want to increase organic traffic?
  • Do you want to increase the number of leads from your website?
  • Do you want to design a mobile-friendly website?
  • Or is your goal something completely different?

Share your primary SEO goal in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Basics lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,468 Replies 4,468
ClearlyTerry
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

Our primary goal is to increase the number of leads coming in through completion of a Request for Information form.

BCarl4

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is to increase organic traffic and create more backlinks. 

0 Upvotes
AOmowale

Defining your SEO goals

Quero aumentar o tráfego orgânico do site

0 Upvotes
NganNguyen
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

I think the goals for my website are get a certain number of reads or views, the website will give impressive information to the readers and the readers will remember the name of my website.

0 Upvotes
SNagy8
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

increase the organic traffic by 30% in 6 months

0 Upvotes
JLópezPiedrah

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is to learn how to apply an SEO strategy. 

0 Upvotes
djgower

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is to increase organic traffic and earn more backlinks.

0 Upvotes
CBall203
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

Our goal is to gain authority with our content and positioning as neuroscience-based education platform.

0 Upvotes
Bruck07

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is to increase traffic coming from organic search to my digital marketing agency website and increase leads as well.

0 Upvotes
EMillan

Defining your SEO goals

Hello, we've divided our SEO gaols into LinkedIn and website ones. For LinkedIn, we want to increase our followers by 20% monthly, and keep our engagement rate between 5 and 7%.

Regarding our website, we want to have 50 email subscriptions and increase our organic traffic by 25 %.

marystewart

Defining your SEO goals

I had a website before, but I wasn't drawing any traffic. I've been writing freelance for a year now and use keywords for clients, but have no actual clue about how SEO works.  I plan on launching my own content writing business, but need to understand SEO and digital marketing before investing in another website. My goals are to increase organic traffic, establish backlinks, maximize keyword usage, and create leads, not only for my own website, but for my clients as well. 

0 Upvotes
Raisul007

Defining your SEO goals

Hi Stewart,
Hope you and your loved ones are doing fine in this horrendous pandemic of our lifetime. Let's connect through LinkedIn. Here is my LinkedIn address.
MD. Raisul Islam 

0 Upvotes
UtopianK
Contributor

Defining your SEO goals

Our goal is to build out our pillar pages and topic clusters and increase our inner linking relevance. 

0 Upvotes
mk88

Defining your SEO goals

Our SEO goals are to:

• Increase monthly new user traffic to our blog.
  • Incease the number of trials initiated.
  • Increease the number of gated guides downloaded.
0 Upvotes
lbwriter

Defining your SEO goals

I'm starting a blog with the intention of it becoming a source of revenue through ads and affiliate links. So I'm focused on traffic, traffic, traffic.

0 Upvotes
Blueskies
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase organic traffic to our website and ensure the website is easily navigated to turn that traffic into conversions on the website. Being mobile friendly as well would really help.

0 Upvotes
Raisul007

Defining your SEO goals

Hi,
Hope you and your loved ones are doing fine in this horrendous pandemic of our lifetime. Let's connect through LinkedIn. Here is my LinkedIn address.
MD. Raisul Islam 

0 Upvotes
daguiari

Defining your SEO goals

I don't own a website. I am actually a student in marketing and one of my goals of 2022 is to learn a new skill. I decided to focus on SEO at the moment. Therefore, my SEO goal is to learn SEO, and digital marketing, for the upcoming 12 months! 

0 Upvotes
VPrakash

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is learn more about organic increase traffic and SEO

0 Upvotes
mmcgrew

Defining your SEO goals

I really want to increase organic traffic to my website and increase my knowledge of what key words I should be using. 

0 Upvotes
Pr19

Defining your SEO goals

hey all! I don't have my website to implement my skills acquired. I'm learning this so I can help startups/ people in the future! so if anyone needs an extra, I would love the opportunity 🙂

0 Upvotes