SEO

Worktega
Contributor

Building the perfect SEO report

📊  As we know, data is the key to digital marketing, and SEO is not the exception. So, I'm curious about how do you build your SEO reports.

1. Which data is a must in your SEO reports?
  2. Do you recommend any tool to build them?
  3. What makes a perfect SEO report?

🤓  Let's share our experience

10 Replies 10
mmagze
Participant

Organic traffic: Track organic traffic growth and analyze keyword rankings to identify areas for improvement.

Google Search Console (free) or Semrush (paid): Use these tools to monitor website performance and identify technical SEO issues.

Provide thorough and objective interpretations of data, along with actionable recommendations for improvement. 
For my website i usually use google web master tool which is pretty useful and free. 

0 Upvotes
MichaelFactor

I couldn't agree more – data is the lifeblood of digital marketing, and SEO reports are where it all comes together! We always looking for ways to improve our reporting at our agency, so I love these questions. Here's my take:
Must-Have Data:
Keyword Rankings: Tracking key, branded, and competitor keywords is crucial. I like to show trend lines and highlight significant movement, both positive and negative. Organic Traffic & Engagement: Numbers tell a story, but beyond volume, I focus on metrics like bounce rate, dwell time, and page views/session. These paint a picture of user behavior and content effectiveness.
Backlink Profile: Analyzing backlinks by source, domain authority, and anchor text tells us who's talking about us and how relevant it is. Identifying new backlinks and lost ones is key.
Conversions: Ultimately, it's about business impact. Tracking conversions from organic traffic helps demonstrate SEO's contribution to ROI.

DMartin84
Contributor

A) Organic traffic

B) Google Search Console (if free), Semrush (if paid)

C) Thorough, objective interpretations, recommendations

0 Upvotes
AHeni
Participant

For me the same as @DavidDennison  SEMrush and Surfer SEO, but we also use windsor.ai's connectors for the attribution part.
It's pretty easy to connect data all across, from ad spend to CRM and google analytics, which helps us get a broader better understanding of our efforts and marketing performance.

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

It really all depends on what you're trying to measure. For my role, I focus heavily on position tracking and content audits. I use SEMRush along with Surfer SEO to generate my reports.

What makes a perfect SEO report? If it came out with the results I wanted 😂😂😂

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
Worktega
Contributor

✔️I agree you're right, it depends on the role, the results that we want, and I have to say it, the client.

In my case, I believe combining data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console is a must in every "perfect SEO report."

I use Google Data Studio, sometimes Power BI, to build my reports because the dashboards would be fully interactive and with the latest data all the time, which is an incredible time-saver.

SEMrush is such an incredible tool, and I love it. But for me, it is just a POV of all the marketing efforts. SEMrush is an effective tool. I accept it, but it does not give all the picture perspective, and sometimes the customers appreciate that.

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

Oooooooo Power BI. That is a name I have not heard in a while. It's nice to see another power user!

Do you use another tool that's like SEMRush that gives you a better overall picture?

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
Worktega
Contributor

Power BI is awesome and SEMrush is amazing too because it offers a really good vision of marketing efforts. Actually, I do recommend SEMrush.

But, I believe in using several tools such as MOZ, Ahref, Screaming Frog, or even Ubersuggets to enrich data and improve reporting. Those tools are not precisely All-in-One, but they offer other POV of the same matter.

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

I agree, but that gets pretty expensive. As a one man show, it gets pretty steep hahah

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
Worktega
Contributor

Sure it is, that's why it depends on the client too, with better data you get better analysis but could be expensive.