Content Strategy & SEO

LindseyIrvine
Participant

Sales Alert Showing Referring Google/Bing Search Phrase

SOLVE

I am creating workflows to alert the sales team when certain activities happen. These alerts are emails. Within the emails I would like a token that shows (when applicable) the search term used in Google or Bing that brought the contact to our site. Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LindseyIrvine

Not possible I'm afraid. HubSpot doesn't have a personsalisation token that can be inserted in an email that contains that information. And it would be blank for most contacts, as you know, due to Google's use of SSL - not sure about bing. 

The best you could do, I think, is insert the recent conversion info - you probably know what pages rank well for what sort  of topic terms.

You could also configure your forms on different pages to set a custom property to one of a number of topics, which would give you a neater data set to insert in the notification emails.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LindseyIrvine

Not possible I'm afraid. HubSpot doesn't have a personsalisation token that can be inserted in an email that contains that information. And it would be blank for most contacts, as you know, due to Google's use of SSL - not sure about bing. 

The best you could do, I think, is insert the recent conversion info - you probably know what pages rank well for what sort  of topic terms.

You could also configure your forms on different pages to set a custom property to one of a number of topics, which would give you a neater data set to insert in the notification emails.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency