Content Strategy & SEO

jpirvine

Does HubSpot offer any built-in SEO tools to optimize my website

SOLVE

I am new to HubSpot and their website building tools. Does HubSpot offer any built-in SEO tools to optimize my website or does it only provide tools for tracking keyword searches and other information based toolsets? I am a very new user and I can't seem to find a tutorial or anything that speaks to this. I am not talking about a guide to SEO and how to optimize a website or pages, in general, I am talking about an SEO tool built into HubSpot. Thanks...

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jpirvine

HubSpot currently has a keyword analytics tools which can be found in the reports section. This tool lets you enter your target keywords and reports on metrics like search volume, difficulty and your current rank. 

However, the accuracy of this tool dropped sharply recently due to changes in the way that Google is leaning into localised, personalised and intent-based search results. These changes made it impossible for HubSpot's tool to accurately report rank outside the point of collection - which would appear to be somewhere in North America and relates to the 'default' location setting in the tool. 

Due to these and other trends, HubSpot has decided to sunset its keyword tool in favour of its newer Content Strategy tool. 

Content strategy is an excellent tool for architecting and recording your SEO strategy around core topics with pillar pages and sub-topics, which is an excellent structure for achieving the success.

The tool is not so good, however, for researching those topics and sub-topics in the first place or for monitoring your position against them. For this you will need to use a third party tool, which is what HubSpot found a lot of users were doing anyway. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jpirvine

HubSpot currently has a keyword analytics tools which can be found in the reports section. This tool lets you enter your target keywords and reports on metrics like search volume, difficulty and your current rank. 

However, the accuracy of this tool dropped sharply recently due to changes in the way that Google is leaning into localised, personalised and intent-based search results. These changes made it impossible for HubSpot's tool to accurately report rank outside the point of collection - which would appear to be somewhere in North America and relates to the 'default' location setting in the tool. 

Due to these and other trends, HubSpot has decided to sunset its keyword tool in favour of its newer Content Strategy tool. 

Content strategy is an excellent tool for architecting and recording your SEO strategy around core topics with pillar pages and sub-topics, which is an excellent structure for achieving the success.

The tool is not so good, however, for researching those topics and sub-topics in the first place or for monitoring your position against them. For this you will need to use a third party tool, which is what HubSpot found a lot of users were doing anyway. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @jpirvine I've found two HubSpot accounts in your name. One of them is a Marketing Hub Proffessional account - can you confirm you have access to this account, HUB ID 4017103. 

The Marketing Hub assesses key metrics on how your website pages, landing pages, and blog posts are performing. You can also see recommendations for how to improve SEO practices on your pages. In the pages report, you can access all of your page data in one place. Find out more here

HubSpot has also just launched brand new Content Strategy & SEO tools. Find out more here and how to get started here

@Ranya can you lend your expertise here r.e. HubSpot's content strategy and SEO tools and how best @jpirvine can get set up for success. 

0 Upvotes