Data Management & Reporting

DAlmDelia
Participant

Understanding the Force and Friction in Companies Situations

Hello, I'm having a problem understanding the situations in force and friction in companies situations, good functions, and bad frictions. I still don't understand why, please help me understand the situation. For example, if the company wants to advertise to make money, it is forced, and the company gets bad reviews because of its failed product friction, but when it had a solution to either good or bad, what does it become forced? Help, please.

5 Replies 5
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DAlmDelia,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Is this question in reference to a lesson in Revenue Operations Certification course? Do you have a link to the content in question? I just want to make sure I understand if your question is related to the course or RevOps in general so the Community can add relevant insight 🙂  Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
DAlmDelia
Participant

It's a lesson in revops 

DAlmDelia
Participant

• Lessons that I keep getting wrong and even if I get it right by fkuke I still would not understand why. The answer should be good friction, bad friction, force, friction. 
  • Situation: Chuck's Nuclear-Powered Chainsaws are not only the most powerful power tools in the
    world but also the most dangerous. To prevent overeager apartment landscapers from accidentally
    cutting down high-rise buildings while trimming the hedges, Chuck requires his customers to
    complete a four-part training program before purchasing a saw. This is an example of:
    - Situation: Ruthie's Office Furniture sells office furniture to offices that need furniture. Ruthie believes
    passionately that all contracts should be signed by hand, so she requires her clients to send them to
    her using a fax machine. This is an example of:
    - Situation: The Tehachapi Zeppelin Company sells enormous airships to transportation and logistics
    companies. Each airship costs millions of dollars, and the sales cycle is multiple months long. One
    sales manager has noticed that bigger deals take longer to close, so he's encouraging his sales reps
    to add extra meetings to the sales process in hopes of increasing average deal size. This is an
    example of: 
MagdaB
Contributor

I will attempt to explain for clarity.

Good friction- requiring users to be educated on HOW to use the equipment means they are likely to stay alive to buy more; therefore good for the customer, good for the company, good friction.

Bad friction- you are going to make me use a FAX?! Where do you even find such old equipment? Good for secretary, maybe, bad for customer, definately=bad friction.

Force- sales people have to call and FORCE the customer to decide in faster time because the boss wants it so. Bad for sales force who could be building new sales, bad for customer who is pushed to decide before his budget is ready, probably bad for boss who used force. 

Put yourself in the position of the customer (always) experience and define the word from there. Did I succeed in providing clarity?

Good luck!

Magdalene Borowicz

Global Marketing, ActionCOACH HQ

DAlmDelia
Participant

Yes, thank you. I FULLY understand. Put myself as the customer as force or
fiction, bad friction or good friction. Force is like upselling and good
friction is like taking a mishaps and turning the situation into a positive
so the down fall can reverse into a money booster. Bad friction is like
down sizing. You just clarify a few delemas. Thanks again.