Revenue Operations

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

How to aggregate two Company property numbers together

Hi RevOps community. 

I am currently trying to add two separate Company properties containing customers' current subscription $ amounts together into a new Total MRR subscription amount property through a workflow but am unable to find the action that will add up the two property number together into a new property 

The reason why I need to do this is that I noticed when working in a workflow, the 'Create record' option only allows you to copy 1 property for the 'Copy a property to a deal property', which means that we are only able to copy 1 out of 2 products $ amounts into this new record. 

As a solution to this dilemma, I am creating a new Company property that will aggregate both these subscription $ amounts, and then I can go into the existing 'create record' form and replace the existing property copy with the new property that has both subscriptions. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Hi @nthatcher-airbr 

Are you using the dropdown in the calculated property equation to choose the associated company properties you have setup with the subscription values?

calc-prop.png

Once you setup the formula to include the subscription properties, you can add a condition if you need to qualify the trigger for setting the new calculated property.

Could you share a screenshot of what you have in the setup to help us understand the issue better?

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

Hey @Jnix284 
Thanks for the recommendation. 
@MrBean Also made a similar recommendation and it worked! 

Thanks

MrBean
Contributor

Hmm, pretty neat idea. Sounds like a great way to get different splits of MRR.

Have you looked into using Calculation Properties? 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

MRR could equal SubscriptionType1 + SubscriptionType2 + SubscriptionType3 ... SubscriptionTypeZ 

The default being 0 for each SubscriptionType. 

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

Hey @MrBean - Thanks for the recommendation for using Calculation Properties to add two properties together. 

The only thing I am now stumped on is setting the new calculated property to a current value instead of just a number 

0 Upvotes