Data Management & Reporting

nthatcher-airbr
Colaborador(a)

How to aggregate two Company property numbers together

Hi RevOps community. 

I am currently trying to add two separate Company properties containing customers' current subscription $ amounts together into a new Total MRR subscription amount property through a workflow but am unable to find the action that will add up the two property number together into a new property 

The reason why I need to do this is that I noticed when working in a workflow, the 'Create record' option only allows you to copy 1 property for the 'Copy a property to a deal property', which means that we are only able to copy 1 out of 2 products $ amounts into this new record. 

As a solution to this dilemma, I am creating a new Company property that will aggregate both these subscription $ amounts, and then I can go into the existing 'create record' form and replace the existing property copy with the new property that has both subscriptions. 

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Jnix284
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @nthatcher-airbr 

Are you using the dropdown in the calculated property equation to choose the associated company properties you have setup with the subscription values?

calc-prop.png

Once you setup the formula to include the subscription properties, you can add a condition if you need to qualify the trigger for setting the new calculated property.

Could you share a screenshot of what you have in the setup to help us understand the issue better?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

nthatcher-airbr
Colaborador(a)

Hey @Jnix284 
Thanks for the recommendation. 
@MrBean Also made a similar recommendation and it worked! 

Thanks

MrBean
Top colaborador(a)

Hmm, pretty neat idea. Sounds like a great way to get different splits of MRR.

Have you looked into using Calculation Properties? 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

MRR could equal SubscriptionType1 + SubscriptionType2 + SubscriptionType3 ... SubscriptionTypeZ 

The default being 0 for each SubscriptionType. 

LJaxson
Membro

@MrBean wrote:

Hmm, pretty neat idea. Sounds like a great way to get different splits of MRR.

Have you looked into using Calculation Properties? 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties free-fire-diamonds

MRR could equal SubscriptionType1 + SubscriptionType2 + SubscriptionType3 ... SubscriptionTypeZ 

The default being 0 for each SubscriptionType. 

Yes, using Calculation Properties in HubSpot is a great approach to calculate and analyze different splits of Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR). Calculation Properties allow you to create custom properties in HubSpot CRM and perform calculations based on other existing properties.

To implement the MRR calculation using Calculation Properties, you can follow these steps:

1. Access the Calculation Properties feature: In HubSpot CRM, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "Properties" under the "CRM" section. From there, click on the "Create a property" button.

2. Set up the Calculation Property: In the property creation form, choose the "Calculation" type. Give the property a name, such as "MRR," and provide a description if desired.

3. Define the calculation formula: In the calculation formula field, you can define the MRR calculation based on the Subscription Types you mentioned. The formula could be something like:

MRR = SubscriptionType1 + SubscriptionType2 + SubscriptionType3 + ... + SubscriptionTypeZ

Ensure you use the correct property names for each Subscription Type. If any Subscription Type is missing, you can set its default value to 0.

4. Save the Calculation Property: Once you've defined the formula, click on the "Save" or "Create" button to save the Calculation Property.

5. Use the MRR Calculation Property: After creating the MRR Calculation Property, you can utilize it throughout HubSpot to segment, analyze, and report on different splits of MRR. For example, you can use it in custom reports, dashboards, or as a criteria for segmentation.

0 Avaliação positiva
nthatcher-airbr
Colaborador(a)

Hey @MrBean - Thanks for the recommendation for using Calculation Properties to add two properties together. 

The only thing I am now stumped on is setting the new calculated property to a current value instead of just a number 

0 Avaliação positiva