Data Management & Reporting

mbarba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How do you communicate with company leaders?

Lesson 6_Communicating the Value of RevOps to Company Leaders.png

Many executives under-appreciate the work operations leaders perform.

How do you communicate the value of your work and get buy-in from company leaders on your proposals?

Share a story or technique in the comments below!

26 Replies 26
KClancy9

My current techniques is a bit elementary. I normally send a slack or email after preparing a slide show or data charts. 

0 Upvotes
CEOKevinK

Prepare beforehand an effective attention statement that catches their attention based on their previous experiences that also relates to the ask.

0 Upvotes
Alysha_TW
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I've found that creating a shared language for what matters most and what that effort looks like is key to creating alignment on goals and measuring success. Too often [insert marketing terms] get   bundled together as if all those words and efforts are the same thing, but actually you do them for different reasons and you don't need to do them all at once. For example, people will spew words like "social media" and "branding" but not really know how those things are connected. If they have visuals to separate the problems, they can more easily pinpoint those problems, then you can work better together to solve those problems in chunks.

0 Upvotes
HDoherty

Love the focus on shared language, often in sales and marketing, we can get caught up in our own lingo which excludes others and senior leaders from fully understanding what we have to say.

0 Upvotes
ECarbajal

As explained in this lesson, visual communication is key. I have found that my most effective communication with leadeship is mostly with visual aids and summarized bullet points of an already summarized idea or plan. If you are able to articulate the topic / problem / solutiuon with a few words then you are already on your way to solving the issue at hand. 

Natalie_Furness

We have found that bringing together key stakeholders is key to implementing change. So often marketing, sales, and customer success are overburdened with administrative tasks. More often than not you will be able to find someone in the department who would happily have ops help. By involving stakeholders across a plethora of departments in the process of developing an operations solution, we have seen a significant increae in board approvals.