Data Management & Reporting

mbarba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Defining RevOps and Sharing Your Learning Goals

Lesson 1_Introduction to Revenue Operations (RevOps).png

Here at HubSpot, we define Revenue Operations, or RevOps, as the people, processes, systems, and data that control how your business generates revenue.

That means that if you work at an organization that generates revenue, then you have RevOps at play in your business!

RevOps enables you to not only strategically improve your customer experience, but it also lets you powerfully and intentionally scale your business.

So, as I kick-off this conversation about RevOps, I’d love to learn the following about you:

1. What’s your name, and where are you based?
  2. How do you define RevOps?
  3. What do you hope to learn in HubSpot Academy’s Revenue Operations Certification?
263 Antworten
TSavvy
Mitglied

1. Hello, I am Ubaid and my business V Electronics is based in Toronto.
2. In my opinion, Rev Ops can be defined as a team that manages how a company generates revenue in response to their needs like scaling business operations,
managing conversion rate and managing different departments such as Sales, Marketing etc. For example, If a marketing team comes up with a certain percentage of leads, it is up to the revenue operations team to decide the percentage of those leads that the sales team should follow up on to get an efficient conversion rate!

0 Upvotes
HOkon2
Mitglied

Hi, I'm Hannah from The Gambia. I would define Revenue Operations as the strategic approach that unifies the data, systems, processes and the various operations teams facing the customers not only for customers satisfaction from the beginning and completion of sales but also for the effective coordination and efficiency of the internal teams and scaling up revenue growth.

I would like to learn more on scaling up revenue returns through Revenue Operations and best practices to adopt.

0 Upvotes
Drake_Senter
Mitglied

Hi all 👋 I'm Drake and I'm based in Philadelphia, PA. There are a few ways to define RevOps but from my experience I've simplified it down to a short statement: Revenue Operations is Go-To-Market strategy and systems working in sync. More specifically, the systems informing the strategy with GTM data and the strategy refining the systems with signals coming from leads/prospects. All of that working in sync to maximize revenue for new sales motions and existing client sales motions is the aim of Revenue Operations. It's through this cert program that I'd love to have something to show for my investment in myself!

JEusebio1
Mitglied

1. John Eusebio

2. RevOps in the broad sense is a way to effectively optimize processes that improve velocity and thus overall experience within internal (sales, marketing, business) and external parties within a sales cycle.

3. Understanding the effective strategies of throughput and areas within the process that help determine a more clear and efficient output. Areas that current RevOps level professionals experience on a day to day and sharing their knowledge to grow my skillsets.

0 Upvotes
CLobo1
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

What’s your name, and where are you based?

>> Clifford Lobo

How do you define RevOps?

>> Revops is a multi-dimensional definition as it can be a team of people, a department or a process, with the basic mission to analyze, optimize and monitor the current revenue stream using marketing as the starting point (lead generation) and customer success (renewal/retention) goal. The main sources of revenue is compared to the base line either set by the industry standard, YOY revenue comparison or variance analysis with the top line revenue goal formulated by the leadership team.

What do you hope to learn in HubSpot Academy’s Revenue Operations Certification?

>> Through this certification, I wish to lean how the entire mapping and components of revenue generation can be accessed by each of the revenue generating teams (marketing, sales, customer success, and product) as these departments have their individual missions tied to a broader collaborative vision for generating the business revenue

0 Upvotes
CLam64
Mitglied

1. My name is Caiden and I am based in California.

2. I define RevOps as a method of revenue operations through different departments such as sales and customer suport. This is to help align these different departments together and increase efficiency in revenues.

3. What I hope to learn in HubSpot Academy's Revenue Operations Certification is how to link these different types of departments together to work together like a machine towards one goal of revenue cohesively.

0 Upvotes
AniketK
Mitglied

Aniket Kodre, fully remote based out of Pune, IN. Rev Ops acts as the essential investigator every company needs, delving deep into the details to pinpoint what impedes success and scalability. It integrates the entire customer journey, from the moment your customers first encounter your brand—whether through sight, sound, or reading—until they purchase your product or service. Therefore, it extends its operations across various functions, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, ensuring a cohesive experience for your customers. This not only benefits the customers but also fosters mutual advantages for both parties involved. My aim is to learn what's are some essentials of running a brand new Rev Ops function for startups, and SMBs to help them scale exponentially. 

0 Upvotes
chaitany2x
Mitglied

1. Chaitanya based in FL

2. A strategic approach to holistically focus on improving prospect to renewals centralizing customer experiences across sales, partner channels, marketing, customer service, and contract management. 

3. Refining that approach and iterating on building a strong performing RevOps engine

0 Upvotes
LBarbozaRey
Mitglied

1 Luisa Barboza.

2. The people, process, system and data that control how your business regenerates revenue. RevOps seek to unify ownership of the systems and data so customer insights can be used to provide truly excellence customer services.

3. I hope to learn how to optimize the business process of a company generate more revenues and contributing to the overall success of a company.

0 Upvotes
OMema
Teilnehmer/-in

Oltjon Mema, fully remote company based out of Cleveland, OH (Originally PA)

RevOps is kind of a data bridge unifying the different internal customers (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) in order to better serve the external customers. By implementing data driven processes to drive success, this ultimately leads to more revenue per dollars spent for better scalability.

I hope to learn new skills as well as how to create and implement a RevOps department, or evolve the current Ops department to support a RevOps approach.

0 Upvotes
JWeaver55
Mitglied

1. Jacob Weaver 
2. RevOps empowers organizations to make data-driven decisions, streamline processes, and deliver a seamless customer experience.

3. My goal is to have a better understanding of revenue operations and learn proven strategies, GTM plays, and areas to focus on. So I can provide feedback and be more mindful when working in my CRM. 

0 Upvotes
AAdesokan3
Mitglied

Adesokan and i am based in Nigeria

RevOps, as a unifiying hub for all others departments to achieve the organizational goals. Satisfying the internal and externak customers.

To incresae  and update my knowledge and give the best out for the organization and HubSpot back

BNorkus
Mitglied

Broderick from Grand Rapids, MI.

I define Rev Ops as the the area (person or team) within an organization that is charged with aligning the tools, processes, and team members within Sales, Marketing, Success, Product, and Support to navigate the best possible customer experience.  Or the shorter version, making it as easy as possible for a customer to want to do business with us.

What I hope to gain is filling in any gaps in my own understanding and learn some additional perspectives from other professionals in different industries or markets.

0 Upvotes
Dip1
Mitglied

Hi

My name is DIPIKA VAMAN KANTAPPA POOJARI  and I am based in sultanate of oman

Revenue operations is the people,processes,system or data that control how business generates revenue

I am interested in learning about RevOps.

BC12
Mitglied

I'm Brandon from NY. I define rev ops as a way to streamline operations for maximum profit.

0 Upvotes
Mary_Cheney
Teilnehmer/-in

My name is Mary Cheney and I am in Buffalo, NY! I define RevOps as helping to build out the solutions and tools the company has invested and to help the team internally use these tools so that they are able to do their job more efficiently. I hope to learn how to get the team excited and more involved with these tools, I can show them how to use them to make their job easier, but the challenge seems to be how to keep them excited and use the tools. 

0 Upvotes
JuliánGómez
Mitglied

Hi, I'm Julian, from Red Design Systems. We're a digital agency based in Colombia. 

As we recently became Hubspot Solutions Provider and we're starting to help other companies implement Hubspot, I was asked to take this certification. 

Up to this point, I can understand that Revenue Operations in an esential knowledge for succesfully managing our growth processes, without necessarily having to hire more people or investing a huge amount of money. I think it's all about effectiveness and using the right tools at the beginning. 

Of course, I'n totally open to learning much more. 

0 Upvotes
CFairlie
Mitglied

Hi - I'm Carey from Saratoga Springs, NY.

For me, RevOps is about breaking down barriers between different teams like marketing, sales, and customer service so they work together smoothly, all playing their part to create a satisfying experience for you and boost the company's overall success.

0 Upvotes
omidiazcooper
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

Hi, I'm Omi, from Miami, FL. For me, RevOps is an approach to remove friction in any customer-facing processes - this leads to a better experience for the customer and more efficiency for the teams. 

APrabhudan
Teilnehmer/-in

I am Abhijit Prabhudan and based in India. I think of RevOps as a process to build a unified process for revenue generating ability of a company. I want to enhance and complement my digital workflow and performance marketing skills with HubSpot Academy’s Revenue Operations Certification and open new avenues.

0 Upvotes