📝 Resources

maggiebutler
by: HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Lead Scoring Model

Last week in our HubSpot Power User Community meetup we collab'ed on this lead scoring template. The model used the score of 100 as a threshold. I'm working on adding:

- Other engagement metrics

- Other data metrics

- Other best practices & tips

Do you have anything to add? Can we make this better? Let me know - here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZfEN46yM3OntoD1u8Lrz-UvFNUhrKUWRVbBgEoeXUE/edit#gid=0

2 Comments
AllenHelms
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@maggiebutler wrote:

Last week in our HubSpot Power User Community meetup we collab'ed on this lead scoring template. The model used the score of 100 as a threshold. I'm working on adding:

- Other engagement metrics

- Other data metrics

- Other best practices & tips

Do you have anything to add? Can we make this better? Let me know - here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZfEN46yM3OntoD1u8Lrz-UvFNUhrKUWRVbBgEoeXUE/edit#gid=0

@maggiebutler  It looks like a really good lead scoring matrix and covers most of the criteria I usually discuss with clients. The key here is "discuss", because I find that after we have a good healthy conversation, we end up not using a lot of them. So I'd recommend starting really targeted because a lot of these smaller point values will clutter up the scoring (especially since HubSpot doesn't allow you to reset lead scores to zero which is one of my biggest g...)

This approach becomes more of way to try and "manage by exception" as opposed to trying to have an accurate score for every single lead/contact in your database. For example, give big point values for actions you know are excellent leading indicators (e.g. they visited the pricing page, they are the right size/type of business or have Persona/Contact Role that is a certain value). The goal is to quickly surface the leads/contacts that are the most important for your sales team.

And if you have Pro or Enterprise, you can aggregate your scoring into different buckets. For instance - one scoring property to measure email opens/clicks. Another to measure website visits. Another to measure demographic information. That way, you can weed out contacts that are really high in one area (lots of email opens) but don't really have much else.

Allen Helms

CRM/Marketing Consultant

HubSpot + Salesforce

Organic Endeavors

Yeti_Chris
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

There are a few more elements to consider in a scoring model like degrading score values over time we well as prequalification.  Requalification, reduced that score when a lead is passed back to the marketing team.