Reporting & Analytics

JAsplund

possibility to join data sources left join

SOLVE

Hi, 

I wonder if its possible to have one datasource as required and another at optional?

Example

I want to have all customers joined with tickets of a specific pipeline. 

I want to see all customers and the number of tickets. 

Currently when i set a filter on a ticket i loose all customers that does not have a ticket in that pipeline. 

Br

Johan

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi there @JAsplund

I want to clarify so I can hopefully help. 

Are you creating a report in HubSpot's Custom Report Builder? Or are you looking in your Ticket pipeline? Filters exist in both, and I want to understand. 

In the meantime, if you're building a custom report, the primary data source will inform how the report shows your data. If you're starting with Contacts then adding Tickets, you'll have all Contacts and only Tickets associated to a Contact. 

Conversely, if you want all Tickets and their associated Contacts, you'd reverse the data sources, making Tickets your primary data source. 

That primary source is effectlvely a "reqired" source in that way. Therefore, it. what you've described above does sound like two different reports. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi there @JAsplund

I want to clarify so I can hopefully help. 

Are you creating a report in HubSpot's Custom Report Builder? Or are you looking in your Ticket pipeline? Filters exist in both, and I want to understand. 

In the meantime, if you're building a custom report, the primary data source will inform how the report shows your data. If you're starting with Contacts then adding Tickets, you'll have all Contacts and only Tickets associated to a Contact. 

Conversely, if you want all Tickets and their associated Contacts, you'd reverse the data sources, making Tickets your primary data source. 

That primary source is effectlvely a "reqired" source in that way. Therefore, it. what you've described above does sound like two different reports. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JAsplund, I hope that you are well!

Thank you for asking the Community!

For information, on the Community, we are currently hosting an AMA - Reporting Tips & Tricks with @josh that might be of interest to you!

So when choosing the data sources in the report, you have the possibility to choose a primary data source and secondary ones.

Here, if you want to different data sources, you might want to consider having these 2 different reports next to each other on 1 dashboard?

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Josh, @danmoyle and @GRajput do you have suggestions to help @JAsplund, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!