Reporting & Analytics

Crezo
Participant

combine original source and latest source in a report

SOLVE

Hi all.

I'm trying to create a report that shows our contact sources, but is a total of ALL sources, so essentially the Original Source & the Latest Source - minus any crossovers for the same contact incase they show up in both lists.

Basically we just want one report that shows the total number of contacts from organic search, paid ads, direct etc.

We don't want them as separate reports, as technically the same contact could appear in both (for instance they only visited the site once before becoming a contact, so the source would be the same for original and latest). Where as we may also have one contact who first came from a paid ad, and a different one who came to us LAST from a paid add.

So we won't be able to see a true total of the contact sources as we can't simply add them together for the above reason.

Creating a report with both added doesn't show the combined data.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to do this, or is it not possible?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Crezo,

Thanks for sharing this context. Out of the box, no, this is not possible. I also don't see how this would logically work. How would you want a contact to display in a report which has an Original source Paid social and a Latest source Offline? Should this contact display twice, once in each category? If so, wouldn't that distort the report, since some contacts would show up twice, others, where the original and latest source match, only once.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Crezo , 

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Like @karstenkoehler I also have a hard time understanding what it is you're trying to achieve with this kind of a report. 

The only thing I like to add to the conversion is, that if you goal is to see how different sources have impacted a certain conversion over the span of the customer journey, it sounds like a you want to do an attribution report 📊

There is a basic Conatc Create attribution report within the Marketing Pro license but for something like Deal Create or even Revenue Attribution, you need an Marketing Enterprise.

You can find our more about how attribution works generally here and how the different models would work. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/understand-attribution-reporting

For how to create such a report you can follow this guide here.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-attribution-reports

Feel free to let us know more context about your question and if attribution would help. Once you've worked trough the basics, feel free to come back with questions as I know it's a lot to take in.

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KStajniak

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have a report showing me new contacts at different stages of the lifecycle stage. Of course, these are contacts obtained from marketing sources. And I have such a problem. A contact was created in January 2021 but it was impossible to contact him. Yesterday he filled out the demo form and is interested in purchasing. Can I set the report to show me this contact in October? From the above discussion, I think not, but I hope there is a way? My point is that a year ago it was created and there was no conversion but now is the conversion but in the report it appears in January 2021 and not now in October 2022.

MQL.jpg

0 Upvotes
Crezo
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the help, I'll look into the attribution method.

This is the confusion I had. Essentially we just want to see the total number of contacts that were created from our ads (via a form fill). But couldn't figure out the cross over of original source, and last source, as there could be a contact that only interacted once, and would be classed as both an original and last source, throwing the actual numbers off.

I'll have a delve into the above info and see if that will give us what we need.

Thanks again.

ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Crezo , 

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Like @karstenkoehler I also have a hard time understanding what it is you're trying to achieve with this kind of a report. 

The only thing I like to add to the conversion is, that if you goal is to see how different sources have impacted a certain conversion over the span of the customer journey, it sounds like a you want to do an attribution report 📊

There is a basic Conatc Create attribution report within the Marketing Pro license but for something like Deal Create or even Revenue Attribution, you need an Marketing Enterprise.

You can find our more about how attribution works generally here and how the different models would work. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/understand-attribution-reporting

For how to create such a report you can follow this guide here.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-attribution-reports

Feel free to let us know more context about your question and if attribution would help. Once you've worked trough the basics, feel free to come back with questions as I know it's a lot to take in.

Cheers, 

Chriso

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Crezo,

Thanks for sharing this context. Out of the box, no, this is not possible. I also don't see how this would logically work. How would you want a contact to display in a report which has an Original source Paid social and a Latest source Offline? Should this contact display twice, once in each category? If so, wouldn't that distort the report, since some contacts would show up twice, others, where the original and latest source match, only once.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.