Reporting & Analytics

LG_

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi, when filtering in hubspot you can chose "and" or "or". But they behave incorrectly.

When I want to exclude things from the list I need in hubspot chose A and B. but that normally means that The clients that should be removed from the list should match with A and B. But now when I chose "and", hubspot removes from the list clients that either have A or B.

So if I want to remove any client that has either A or/and B then I should chose "or" but the end-result in Hubspot is that it removes client that has both A and B. 

I think there might be a label issue here? "and" should be "or" in this case. I do not know where to send these "improvements" so I chose to post it here

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi @LG_,

I understand how this might be misleading but this is actually behaving correctly.

The way you would read filter criteria is that both criterion 1 AND criterion 2 must be true for a contact to enter a list. They need to fulfill both criteria. Alternatively, that criterion 1 OR criterion 2 must be true for a contact to enter a list. They just need to fulfill one criterion.

This is consistent with how logical operators work in general, see for example here: https://javascript.info/logical-operators

Changing this would upset a lot of people 😄

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi @LG_,

I understand how this might be misleading but this is actually behaving correctly.

The way you would read filter criteria is that both criterion 1 AND criterion 2 must be true for a contact to enter a list. They need to fulfill both criteria. Alternatively, that criterion 1 OR criterion 2 must be true for a contact to enter a list. They just need to fulfill one criterion.

This is consistent with how logical operators work in general, see for example here: https://javascript.info/logical-operators

Changing this would upset a lot of people 😄

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LG_

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi !

Well this is exactly what I mean, maybe I am doing it wrong but when chosing "and" it behaves as "or".

I had to do as the picture below to remove all companies who fulfil either "collab partner" or "other". 

First I chose the "or" option but it somehow did not work as intended with me. For example companies marked as collab partner remained in the list. Maybe it is just a bug that appeared for me or something..

So what you write above is exactly how I want it to work, but it just doesn´t with me

screenshot HS.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi @LG_,

Did the issue resolve after a bit of waiting?

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Wrong labels?

SOLVE

Hi @LG_,

Lists don't always reflect the criteria immediately, there is sometimes a short delay. Did the issue persist? Usually waiting a moment solves the issue.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler