Reporting & Analytics

Aniket_Roy
メンバー

Why do I have 1446 visitors from the Hubspot network, on my website???

解決

Hey there,
This is Roy here. I work as a Digital Marketing team lead for a privately held firm, here in India.
As part of my regular job responsibilities, I was doing a regular check regarding the no. of visitors on my website, and checking which network they had used to visit my website. And to my surprise, I found this 

Google Analytics ScreenshotGoogle Analytics Screenshot

Any comments on why this could've happened?
Understand that metrics like this could affect my website's rankings negatively also. Since, the bounce rate is really high and the average session duration is also low. The behavior looks tantamount to a bot to me. Is that the case?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Josh
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Platinum Partner

解決

Hi @Aniket_Roy,

This is bot traffic. If you dig into the geo-location of those visits, they are probably coming from Ashburn, VA and have very low (if any) on-site engagement. These visits will log in Google Analytics when the HubSpot bot crawls your website. Ideally you would filter out this and other bot traffic. Here's a decent article on filtering traffic.

You may also notice other traffic coming from Ashburn, VA as this is a data center for Amazon AWS.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
5件の返信
Josh
解決策

解決

Hi @Aniket_Roy,

This is bot traffic. If you dig into the geo-location of those visits, they are probably coming from Ashburn, VA and have very low (if any) on-site engagement. These visits will log in Google Analytics when the HubSpot bot crawls your website. Ideally you would filter out this and other bot traffic. Here's a decent article on filtering traffic.

You may also notice other traffic coming from Ashburn, VA as this is a data center for Amazon AWS.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 いいね!
Aniket_Roy
メンバー

解決

Hi @Josh , thanks for your response. I have indeed observed frequent visits from Ashburn, VA but this one was quite a spike compared to the traffic I'm currently observing for my website, so it caught my attention. 
I hope this doesn't happen quite often since it may affect my SEO negatively right? 
And, thanks for the reference on filtering out traffic grom GA. But my concern is that even if I filter out it from GA, will Google still consider that 'bot' as a 'visitor' ? 
If that be the case, then who knows to what extent it might affect my rankings. 

0 いいね!
Josh

解決

@Aniket_Roy,

Bot traffic should not impact your SEO in this case.

If you filter the bot from GA, technically the bot traffic is still happening, it's just not being reported on the Google Analytics reports.

It should not impact your rank. We have seen this among several clients and from what we have seen, it has not had a negative impact on visibility.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

@Josh does the HS bot always log Google analyitics visits in GA like that? I assumed it was a 'good-bot' - i.e. properly declaring itself. 

The only times I have seen spikes in visits from HubSpot is during website migration - could this also be the cause?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 いいね!
Josh

解決

Hi @Phil_Vallender,

We've seen this on several occasions not related to website migrations. We've actually seen it on non-HubSpot sites as well. Potentially it has something to do with the website grader or another tool that uses the HubSpot bot (maybe the competitor report).

Josh Curcio