Reporting & Analytics

Takis
Participant

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hello all, on free versions of sales and marketing and on a WordPress site installation I can only see SOME page views from a specific contact added 12-13 months ago. However, contacts added during the past two days do not show any web visit activity, even when I see their tracked emails opened and link clicks. Is this expected? And, if not, what might be the issue?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @Takis, thanks for the clarification.

So, what you're referring to is actually the Lead Revisit Notification tool. This functionality allows you to get notified when leads come back to your site, provided that you have added the HubSpot Tracking Code to your site (or the Wordpress plugin) and that the contact has been cookied by a form submission or an email sent out from the Marketing tool, and that said cookie/user token matches an existing contact in your portal. This article gives a good explanation of the conditions that allow us to track a contact's visit to a specific page. 

Therefore, your current (form-less) setup wouldn't allow you to receive lead revisit notifications for your contacts.

I did some digging into the history of your portal, and found that you initially signed up in February with a Marketing trial. During this time, you did create a form. The likely explanation for your lead revisit notifications is that you tested out this form with your personal email address back in february, were given a cookie at that time, and are now receiving lead revisit notifications as a result of that cookie.

If you'd like to stop receiving these notifications, you can follow the instructions in this article

All the best,

May

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

11 Réponses
LucíaLG
Participant

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi there!

I have a similar problem.

I have installed the HubSpot tracking code just before the </body> tag in three different websites (in every page) being all of them already saved as "Additional site domains"; and after inspecting the elements, each one of them has the 200 OK in the Status column.

However, when I try to check the contact's "Website Activity" no data shows up, only the text "Website activity shows you how many times a contact has visited your site and viewed your pages".

How can I fix this, what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Votes
MiaSrebrnjak
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @LucíaLG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to send you this Knowledge base article that explains which requirements a CRM contact needs to fulfill in order for HubSpot to collect the tracking data successfully. Could you please check if all of the requirements apply for this contact? Have you noticed this behaviour with other contacts in your CRM? 

Thanks!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

LucíaLG
Participant

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi Mia,

Thanks for your response.

From reading the article, I understand that only the traffic that comes from a click in an email or after compliting a form will be tracked, is that accurate?

I do believe that we have all the requirements, it happens with all our contacts, when checking their profiles's data only the definition of the tool shows up: "Website activity shows you how many times a contact has visited your site and viewed your pages".

On the other hand, since then I have been able to consult this informatoin thanks to the report: "Contacts with recent website visits by total number of sessions", but even accesing it through here only the activity of 3 emails shows up; which seems very little compared with the web traffic analysis that we generate outside HubSpot.

Is there any reason for this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

0 Votes
Ezra
Membre

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

I recently signed up for the Marketing trial.

For some reason I am only getting notification from one visitor to my website.

The code is embedded in my website

Can you please walk me through the process of receiving web visit notifications along with the ability to send documents or pop up fill out forms to the visitors?

MayPascaud
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @Ezra, since your question is not really related to the current topic (which related to a specific issue regarding not receiving lead revisit notifications), please start a new topic with your question. In this new topic, please provide some more detail regarding what you are hoping to accomplish, and specific questions on the software.

You can find many walkthroughs and explanatory articles on our Knowledge Base as well, so I would encourage you to search there too: knowledge.hubspot.com. For instance, this article covers Lead Flows (pop up fill out forms), this article covers Documents, etc. 

Thank you,

May

0 Votes
MayPascaud
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @Takis,

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your question, so please do correct me if I'm wrong. Are you referring to the "Web Analytics History" contact properties, which you can find in your CRM, such as "Number of Pageviews" etc.?

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.11.53 AM.png

If so, this data is gathered by the HubSpot tracking code that you would have added to your website. Adding this tracking code allows us to recognize some of the visits that are made to your website, and pair them with contacts in your CRM. However, there are several reasons why a visit might not be recorded: they have blocked third-party cookies, are using private browsing, have higher security settings... Your ability to see their email opens/clicks would not be related to the Page Viewing data, as both are tracked seperately.

Let me know if this makes sense, or if I've missed something in your question!

Best,

May

0 Votes
pottmi
Participant

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

This post could be improved if you would add how to get to this configuration page.  I can not find it on my settings page.

0 Votes
Takis
Participant

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @MayPascaud,

I'll try and be more specific. In February, I started testing out HubSpot CRM. During the test, I created demo contacts, mine included, and experimented with the product, yet I was not very thorough and due to lack of time I set it aside as a project.

During the past week, I came back for further testing. I uploaded some new contacts, created new companies and added the WordPress plugin.

At the same time, I activated the chrome plugin and I started getting re-visit reports and notifications from one of my demo contacts added in February. The demo contact reported is me, from a personal email I use and not the one I used to sign-up on HS. On the other hand, contacts added during the past week would not show anything more than email opens and email link clicks, unless they completed a form submission. However, until yesterday I didn't have any active forms on my website, meaning that the demo contact added in February was not "cookied" via form completion. As you mention in your reply, "adding this tracking code allows us to recognize some of the visits that are made to your website, and pair them with contacts in your CRM", yet the behavior seems to me a bit erratic since it reports visits not "cookied". Please advise.

0 Votes
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hi @Takis, thanks for the clarification.

So, what you're referring to is actually the Lead Revisit Notification tool. This functionality allows you to get notified when leads come back to your site, provided that you have added the HubSpot Tracking Code to your site (or the Wordpress plugin) and that the contact has been cookied by a form submission or an email sent out from the Marketing tool, and that said cookie/user token matches an existing contact in your portal. This article gives a good explanation of the conditions that allow us to track a contact's visit to a specific page. 

Therefore, your current (form-less) setup wouldn't allow you to receive lead revisit notifications for your contacts.

I did some digging into the history of your portal, and found that you initially signed up in February with a Marketing trial. During this time, you did create a form. The likely explanation for your lead revisit notifications is that you tested out this form with your personal email address back in february, were given a cookie at that time, and are now receiving lead revisit notifications as a result of that cookie.

If you'd like to stop receiving these notifications, you can follow the instructions in this article

All the best,

May

xauravD
Membre

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Hello,

I have been using the free CRM and lately, the website visits are not getting tracked (It was working earlier through HubSpot forms). I have never activated any trial on my account. I have used Google tag manager to add the tracking code on my website.

I have been using a QuestionPro form with API integration to feed data into the CRM - https://bit.ly/3dIKeDX. On completion, it redirects to my website.

Integration documentation - https://www.questionpro.com/help/hubspot-integration.html

As this was not working, I tried using HubSpot Form, but the visits are still not getting tracked - https://share.hsforms.com/1mCj2nnRYRG-SQ9U7qu_beg2eiym

After form fillup, I am redirecting the user to my webpage - https://zerobudget.club/solutions/html-customization-of-google-forms

I can see the form page as well as the referrer in the activity feed, but nothing about the webpage visit.

I tried to check if the API integration with QuestionPro was causing this issue, so I reset the API to stop all integrations. But that didn't fix the problem.

I know the code is getting triggered as I am able to activate Live chat on my website.

Kindly assist.

Thanks,

Saurav  

0 Votes
Ezra
Membre

Web visits not tracked

Résolue

Unfortunately,

I am also not able to track most visits to my website .

Is there a specific form that I am suppose to fill out?

Thank you,

Ezra