Web page analytics for a group of pages

kgillet

Does anyone know of a way to track page views, bounce rate, and average time on site for a grouping of website pages? I don't see a way to filter all of the webpages we have in HubSpot to a select few to look up analytics on them, without having to manually do the searching, recording, then calculating of the site activity.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_DM2
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hello, 

Hmm, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you go to Reporting, then Traffic Analytics, select Pages. From here, you will see all of your website pages and the analytics alongside them (you can also filter page types by either website pages, landing pages, or blog pages). That should help space out your page analytics a little bit. Though this might be easier on my end since our website is fairly small, outside of its blog pages. If you have a lot of pages on your website, this might not be enough filtering to really help. 

My other suggestion would be to go to Reporting, then Website Analytics, and adjust the filtering there. For example, if you are looking at blog posts, you can filter by author, language (if this applies), and blog tags. Or, for landing pages, filter by a specific domain as well. 

Unfortunately, I don't know of any additional ways to break down the filtering more. 

0 Upvotes
zaklein
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi there,

Just thought I'd offer my two cents, in case others are still finding this page through search (like I did).

You can use the "setContentType" parameter (as part of the Tracking Code installation) to report on grouped pages in HubSpot Analytics, as mentioned in this article.

It seems (at least at the time of writing) we are limited to a defined set of valid value options for this parameter:

• standard-page OR site-page
  • landing-page
  • listing-page
  • blog-post
  • knowledge-article

These all map to a "Page type" in HubSpot > Reports > Analytics Tools > Traffic Analytics > Pages

I've submitted a feature request in relation to allowing custom content group types (or at the very least expanding the existing groups to cover other common use cases, e.g. specific to e-commerce sites). Feel free to upvote that feature request here.

All the best,

Zach