Reporting & Analytics

StephaneBadel
Participante

Web Sessions and Site Visits distribution

resolver

Hello

I am looking to set up a simple report that shows my contacts distribution in terms of number of website sessions  and number of page visited.

I tried to build a report for this but it doesn't let me do this simple graph (y = count of contacts by x = n_sessions). What am I missing here? It seems it is a simple requirement.

Should I create a list for each bin of my distribution graph (list 1 = only one site visit, 2 = 2 visits etc etc) and then plot the number of contacts in each list, is that the way?

Thanks for the feedback!

Steph

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @StephaneBadel,

Got it. In that case, visualizing one count (contacts) by another count (number of sessions) won't work. Again, it would be a matrix/table with as many rows as contacts and as many columns as there were sessions. It wouldn't be useful.

A histogram would of course be nice but HubSpot reports do not have any features that let you define buckets / ranges. If you want to have buckets / ranges, you would have to create a custom property for that (e.g. Number of sessions buckets with values 0-5, 6-10, 11-20 etc.). You would then have to filter your contacts by Number of sessions and bulk assign (manually or via workflow) the Number of sessions buckets. You can then create a report to visualize the count of contacts by Number of sessions buckets.

As an alterantive, you could visualize the average number of sessions by Lifecycle stage, for example:

karstenkoehler_0-1650525536911.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @StephaneBadel,

Could you specify which visualization you're looking for? With the count of contacts on the y-axis and the number of sessions on the x-axis, this would result in a very large table and the report would like not generate any insights (e.g. 1 contact had x visits, 2 contacts had y visits, 7 contacts had z visits, 12 contacts had... etc.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
StephaneBadel
Participante

resolver

Thanks for the quick response,

I am looking for a very simple distribution bar chart or "histogram" if you wish. 
It is an important insight to segment my website visitors.

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @StephaneBadel,

Got it. In that case, visualizing one count (contacts) by another count (number of sessions) won't work. Again, it would be a matrix/table with as many rows as contacts and as many columns as there were sessions. It wouldn't be useful.

A histogram would of course be nice but HubSpot reports do not have any features that let you define buckets / ranges. If you want to have buckets / ranges, you would have to create a custom property for that (e.g. Number of sessions buckets with values 0-5, 6-10, 11-20 etc.). You would then have to filter your contacts by Number of sessions and bulk assign (manually or via workflow) the Number of sessions buckets. You can then create a report to visualize the count of contacts by Number of sessions buckets.

As an alterantive, you could visualize the average number of sessions by Lifecycle stage, for example:

karstenkoehler_0-1650525536911.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

StephaneBadel
Participante

resolver

How about the list solution I mentioned, could it work?

I will try the table solution and the custom attribute solution as well.

I will let  you know,

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @StephaneBadel,

You can't reference more than one list in a report (unless you want to show all list memberships), so no, that won't work.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler