Reporting & Analytics

DigiAl
Participant

Viewing who has viewed my web page

SOLVE

I'm aware that you can see what web pages a contact has been viewing by going into their contact details and looking at their history.

I'm wondering, is it possible to flip this around and have the web page as the primary dimension?

So for example, if I look at a report for my /product page, can HubSpot display a list of all contacts that have viewed this page within a timeframe?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DigiAl

There is no built-in report for doing this, but it is quite easily done. 

Probably the simpliest solution is to use lists. Create a new active list and use the 'Contact has visited exact URL' criteria combined with a 'Refine by' rule. 

Here's an example of how that looks:

Page view.png

Save a few of these lists and you quickly and easily see which contacts have viewed key pages. 

You could probably use the campaigns tool to take this further if you wanted to.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is it possible to have the web page as the primary dimension when viewing page visits?

Short A: As Phile pointed out, not automatically and not with the level of granularity shown on a per contact basis.

Longer A:

That being said, if you're simply looking for page level performance, that's shown in the details view of all webpages.

(see image)

hubspot-webpage-performance-reporting.png

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
DigiAl
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks both for the feedback and ideas. I'll give this a go! 👍🏼

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DigiAl

There is no built-in report for doing this, but it is quite easily done. 

Probably the simpliest solution is to use lists. Create a new active list and use the 'Contact has visited exact URL' criteria combined with a 'Refine by' rule. 

Here's an example of how that looks:

Page view.png

Save a few of these lists and you quickly and easily see which contacts have viewed key pages. 

You could probably use the campaigns tool to take this further if you wanted to.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
TGagnon
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil thanks for the tip. Any thoughts on how one might further refine this with a timeframe into say "Contact has visited URL" "in the last 7 days" ?

0 Upvotes
arandazzo
Participant

SOLVE

Does this tracking of page visits work when the link was sent through Gmail? Such as, could I send a landing page link thorugh Gmail and then make a list in HubSpot that would know whether they clicked it?

0 Upvotes
JimmyUniko
Participant

SOLVE

I have tried to apply this solution, except I don't see the "contact has visited exact URL" option. Is this still available? How do I find it?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @JimmyUniko ,

Currently, this option of "page views" are available for Marketing Pro options. 

Marketing starter or free portals does not allow to create lists based on Page views but you can use Last Page Seen and First Page Seen as a workaround.

The last page seen would be changing every time a contact visits a new page. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Chloe-Celand
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

I was looking for an answer to a similar query and came cross this thread.

I am trying to set up an email workflow for people who have viewed one of our pillar pages. Similar to your list below I set up the same rules but as trigger criteria in a workflow. However, the workflow comes up with a very low number of contacts who have viewed the URL. When I view the page information on the landing page it shows me a much higher number. In this example the landing page is telling me all time views is 183 but the workflow only calculates 15. See pictures attached at the bottom.

Have you any idea why this is the case? Is it something to do with cookies being cleared and therefore we can't capture the data unless a form is/was previously submitted? 

Ideally I want to trigger the workflow based on page views and not form submissions. Perhaps it's not possible to have these details unless it's someone returing to the website where we have captured their information previously via an import or form submission? 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Chloe

Workflow.pngLanding Page Details.png

0 Upvotes
UffeAalborg

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

What's the exact path for finding "Contact has visited exact URL"?