Reporting & Analytics

AjayPatel24
Participant

View companies using products from the Product Library

Résolue

Hello,

Is it possible to view and filter for companies using products that have been created in the Product Library? I understand you can associate a product with a deal, but I can't see how it is then possible to view the products associated to one level higher - the company object.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @AjayPatel24,

What do you want to achieve by filtering? Is this about generating insights or using companies based on this filtering in other tools like lists, workflows etc?

If it's the former, you could create a custom report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder) and choose the data sources Companies and Line items. You could filter the entire report by line item name and display companies by company name, for example, if that's what you're interested in.

If it's the latter, it's a bit more complicated. You would have to create a multiple checkboxes property on the deal object. Using a deal-based workflow, you would populate this property by branching and filtering for line item names. Once available in this multiple checkboxes property, you could create company lists or copy this information to the company object, again using a deal-based workflow.

Let me know if I should elaborate on one of these options. Happy to do so.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
AjayPatel24
Participant

Résolue

Thank you Karsten! I would simply like to gather insights so the custom reporting tool should work for us. I had initially thought there may be a way to view this on the main Company page

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @AjayPatel24,

Not out of the box, no. This can be achieved with the new CRM development tools: https://developers.hubspot.com/blog/crm-development-tools-for-hubspot-developers-beta

Outside of that,  it would be the aforementioned checkboxes approach.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AjayPatel24,

What do you want to achieve by filtering? Is this about generating insights or using companies based on this filtering in other tools like lists, workflows etc?

If it's the former, you could create a custom report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder) and choose the data sources Companies and Line items. You could filter the entire report by line item name and display companies by company name, for example, if that's what you're interested in.

If it's the latter, it's a bit more complicated. You would have to create a multiple checkboxes property on the deal object. Using a deal-based workflow, you would populate this property by branching and filtering for line item names. Once available in this multiple checkboxes property, you could create company lists or copy this information to the company object, again using a deal-based workflow.

Let me know if I should elaborate on one of these options. Happy to do so.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler