Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Unexpected/unexplained change in website session numbers and patterns

KR

Hi, 

I am wondering how to delve into the data to understand why my user sessions (across all sources) suddenly dropped down and have never recovered to their previous rates. We had been doing very little active marketing but showing a regular pattern (weekends/weekdays) and then, 1 week before our first campaign, the numbers dropped off a cliff. Whilst more activity is showing since campaign launch, volumes are far lower than it was when we were doing nothing. How can I understand why and how this happened?

Thanks.

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
Advisor

It's difficult to say without seeing your numbers. But to give some examples, organic numbers could drop as a result of Google updates. I would check the dates of recent Google updates against your drop in organic traffic.

For paid ad traffic (search/social), it's possible that the ads have become stale so users are not clicking on them. Much like the degradation in the data of a list obtained in relation to time, ads degrade as well and seeing the same image or ad copy over and over will not necessarily make you click on the ad.

As far as direct traffic is concerned - is there a reason for someone to keep coming back to your site? Do you expect a level of traffic coming to login? If not, why would someone who knows you, return again in a fews/weeks/months?

I would start there and see what you can uncover.

Highlighted
KR

Thanks for responding. I'll check this out and see what I can find. We haven't invested in paid ads yet so i don't think that'll be it. Will do some more digging. Thanks 

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva