Reporting & Analytics

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Unengaged Contact Report

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I want to create a report that shows people who have taken no actions – web, or email opens not specific to only these two properties, instead, I want to know the contacts who have fewer engagements.

To create these reports I need advise on which other properties should be considered.

Thanks

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Unengaged Contact Report

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

These are the properties you could include:

• Time last seen
  • Number of form submissions
  • Marketing emails clicked

That would cover website visits, form submissions, and marketing email interactions.

Keep in mind that marketing email open information is not 100% reliable anymore, see this thread. Gauging inactivity based on opens can be misleading.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Unengaged Contact Report

SOLVE

Hey @KaKaRoT, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

A solid place to start is this HubSpot Knowledge Base article on the default contact properties. That article lists and defines a bunch of properties that you could use to gauge activity, including:

1. HubSpot score
  2. Last engagement date
  3. Number of times contacted
  4. Marketing emails delivered (this one is important and should be used in combination with other email activity properties. You want to make sure that the contact has actually been sent marketing emails!)
  5. Last marketing email open/click/reply date
  6. Time of last session
  7. First conversion date

You can use a combination of those properties and further define them by date (i.e., "Time of last session" is less than 6 months ago). 

Honestly, I would recommend creating a list of these contacts based on your criteria and then create a report based on that list. It should make it much easier to build the report, plus you'll have some unengaged contact lists that you can develop a re-engagement campaign around.

Just make sure that you also filter out contacts who have bounced, unsubscribed, or been unqualified by your team. It could make sense to build a list for them as well so that you can clean them out of your CRM. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

Unengaged Contact Report

SOLVE

Hey @KaKaRoT, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

A solid place to start is this HubSpot Knowledge Base article on the default contact properties. That article lists and defines a bunch of properties that you could use to gauge activity, including:

1. HubSpot score
  2. Last engagement date
  3. Number of times contacted
  4. Marketing emails delivered (this one is important and should be used in combination with other email activity properties. You want to make sure that the contact has actually been sent marketing emails!)
  5. Last marketing email open/click/reply date
  6. Time of last session
  7. First conversion date

You can use a combination of those properties and further define them by date (i.e., "Time of last session" is less than 6 months ago). 

Honestly, I would recommend creating a list of these contacts based on your criteria and then create a report based on that list. It should make it much easier to build the report, plus you'll have some unengaged contact lists that you can develop a re-engagement campaign around.

Just make sure that you also filter out contacts who have bounced, unsubscribed, or been unqualified by your team. It could make sense to build a list for them as well so that you can clean them out of your CRM. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Unengaged Contact Report

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

These are the properties you could include:

• Time last seen
  • Number of form submissions
  • Marketing emails clicked

That would cover website visits, form submissions, and marketing email interactions.

Keep in mind that marketing email open information is not 100% reliable anymore, see this thread. Gauging inactivity based on opens can be misleading.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.