Reporting & Analytics

CN5
Participant

UTM Parameters Linkedin

SOLVE

How do I set up the mapping for the Linkedin utm parameters.

We have connected the linkedin account but no data seems to be coming through, do we have to create these fields manually maybe?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

UTM Parameters Linkedin

SOLVE

Hi @CN5

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that you are interested in tracking your LinkedIn ads in HubSpot, is that correct?

To start, make sure that the LinkedIn account connected has enabled auto-tracking. This feature enables HubSpot to automatically add tracking parameters to your ads, eliminating the need for manual additions unless you want to customize the UTM parameters.

If you come across tracking errors in the Ads dashboard, which could affect contact tracking, please refer to the details below. There are two common error types: "Unsupported campaign type" and "Other".

- "Unsupported campaign type" occurs when LinkedIn can't support tracking parameters due to the campaign type used. While HubSpot can track most LinkedIn ads, certain ad types are not supported due to API limitations. Check this guide for information on supported ad types; unfortunately, errors caused by LinkedIn API limitations can't be resolved.
- "Other" errors might result from temporary issues. Tags used in ads, for instance, could cause problems. Specifically, @mentions/tags are not compatible with our tracking template. Removing these tags should resolve the issue, enabling the system to apply tracking parameters successfully.

I hope this information is helpful!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

UTM Parameters Linkedin

SOLVE

Hi @CN5

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that you are interested in tracking your LinkedIn ads in HubSpot, is that correct?

To start, make sure that the LinkedIn account connected has enabled auto-tracking. This feature enables HubSpot to automatically add tracking parameters to your ads, eliminating the need for manual additions unless you want to customize the UTM parameters.

If you come across tracking errors in the Ads dashboard, which could affect contact tracking, please refer to the details below. There are two common error types: "Unsupported campaign type" and "Other".

- "Unsupported campaign type" occurs when LinkedIn can't support tracking parameters due to the campaign type used. While HubSpot can track most LinkedIn ads, certain ad types are not supported due to API limitations. Check this guide for information on supported ad types; unfortunately, errors caused by LinkedIn API limitations can't be resolved.
- "Other" errors might result from temporary issues. Tags used in ads, for instance, could cause problems. Specifically, @mentions/tags are not compatible with our tracking template. Removing these tags should resolve the issue, enabling the system to apply tracking parameters successfully.

I hope this information is helpful!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes