Reporting & Analytics

Senior-Potato
メンバー

Traffic sources for CTAs

解決

I have a HubSpot landing page with a CTA on it, and we have multiple emails, social posts, banner ads and PPC sending traffic to the page. I'm trying to find out the % of those who click on the CTA come from PPC vs other sources. Does anyone know how to generate a report to show the traffic source breakdown for a CTA?

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

Traffic sources for CTAs

解決

Hi @Senior-Potato

There is actually no report in HubSpot that will show you this kind of information. 

One solution that springs to mind would be to use smart content to display a different version of the (same) CTA to visitors coming from different referral source types. Each CTA would then only get clicks from a specific traffic source. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

Traffic sources for CTAs

解決

By default, HubSpot CTA views and clicks are tracked and reported on a per page / per email basis, but without regard to referral source. CTA views only match page views under ideal conditions and, as @Phil_Vallender pointed out, there is currently no built-in HubSpot source report showing CTA referral source.

Here's what our (sanitized) use case looked like for a service professional client when we needed to make a 'Book A Meeting' CTA 'smart' based on referral source. This allowed us to analyze CTA referral source data without regard for MQL referral source which doesn't always tell the whole story.
(see image - Smart CTA settings)hubspot-reporting-smart-cta-by-source-gif.gif

INITIALLY we saw a high correlation between CTA and MQL referral sources shown below because initially we were able to limit the triggering of the MQL Lifecycle stage so that it only occurred as a result of meeting bookings -- again, initially. (oh ... did I say, 'initially'? haha) Once other behaviors in the portal were allowed to trigger the MQL Lifecycle stage things became ... well ... 'normalized' -- aka: HubSpot crazy.

That being said, the smart CTA by referral source continues to act as a valid conversion KPI on its own even after normalization. And can be very helpful when trying to identify revenue opportunities if / when high value conversions are tied to the Smart CTA(s) begin used.

(see image - MQLs)

mfjlabs-hubspot-report-new-mqls-00-all-sources.png

(see image - Smart CTAs & MQLs- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source

Further reading about analyzing HubSpot sources data and CTA data
- see How to analyze sources data
- see How to analyze your Call-to-Action (CTA) results
- see Call-to-Action Frequently Asked Questions
- see Why don't my CTA clicks match the page views of my page?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
2件の返信
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

Traffic sources for CTAs

解決

By default, HubSpot CTA views and clicks are tracked and reported on a per page / per email basis, but without regard to referral source. CTA views only match page views under ideal conditions and, as @Phil_Vallender pointed out, there is currently no built-in HubSpot source report showing CTA referral source.

Here's what our (sanitized) use case looked like for a service professional client when we needed to make a 'Book A Meeting' CTA 'smart' based on referral source. This allowed us to analyze CTA referral source data without regard for MQL referral source which doesn't always tell the whole story.
(see image - Smart CTA settings)hubspot-reporting-smart-cta-by-source-gif.gif

INITIALLY we saw a high correlation between CTA and MQL referral sources shown below because initially we were able to limit the triggering of the MQL Lifecycle stage so that it only occurred as a result of meeting bookings -- again, initially. (oh ... did I say, 'initially'? haha) Once other behaviors in the portal were allowed to trigger the MQL Lifecycle stage things became ... well ... 'normalized' -- aka: HubSpot crazy.

That being said, the smart CTA by referral source continues to act as a valid conversion KPI on its own even after normalization. And can be very helpful when trying to identify revenue opportunities if / when high value conversions are tied to the Smart CTA(s) begin used.

(see image - MQLs)

mfjlabs-hubspot-report-new-mqls-00-all-sources.png

(see image - Smart CTAs & MQLs- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source

Further reading about analyzing HubSpot sources data and CTA data
- see How to analyze sources data
- see How to analyze your Call-to-Action (CTA) results
- see Call-to-Action Frequently Asked Questions
- see Why don't my CTA clicks match the page views of my page?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策

Traffic sources for CTAs

解決

Hi @Senior-Potato

There is actually no report in HubSpot that will show you this kind of information. 

One solution that springs to mind would be to use smart content to display a different version of the (same) CTA to visitors coming from different referral source types. Each CTA would then only get clicks from a specific traffic source. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency