Reporting & Analytics

Senior-Potato
Miembro

Traffic sources for CTAs

resolver

I have a HubSpot landing page with a CTA on it, and we have multiple emails, social posts, banner ads and PPC sending traffic to the page. I'm trying to find out the % of those who click on the CTA come from PPC vs other sources. Does anyone know how to generate a report to show the traffic source breakdown for a CTA?

2 Soluciones aceptadas
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

Traffic sources for CTAs

resolver

Hi @Senior-Potato

There is actually no report in HubSpot that will show you this kind of information. 

One solution that springs to mind would be to use smart content to display a different version of the (same) CTA to visitors coming from different referral source types. Each CTA would then only get clicks from a specific traffic source. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

Traffic sources for CTAs

resolver

By default, HubSpot CTA views and clicks are tracked and reported on a per page / per email basis, but without regard to referral source. CTA views only match page views under ideal conditions and, as @Phil_Vallender pointed out, there is currently no built-in HubSpot source report showing CTA referral source.

Here's what our (sanitized) use case looked like for a service professional client when we needed to make a 'Book A Meeting' CTA 'smart' based on referral source. This allowed us to analyze CTA referral source data without regard for MQL referral source which doesn't always tell the whole story.
(see image - Smart CTA settings)hubspot-reporting-smart-cta-by-source-gif.gif

INITIALLY we saw a high correlation between CTA and MQL referral sources shown below because initially we were able to limit the triggering of the MQL Lifecycle stage so that it only occurred as a result of meeting bookings -- again, initially. (oh ... did I say, 'initially'? haha) Once other behaviors in the portal were allowed to trigger the MQL Lifecycle stage things became ... well ... 'normalized' -- aka: HubSpot crazy.

That being said, the smart CTA by referral source continues to act as a valid conversion KPI on its own even after normalization. And can be very helpful when trying to identify revenue opportunities if / when high value conversions are tied to the Smart CTA(s) begin used.

(see image - MQLs)

mfjlabs-hubspot-report-new-mqls-00-all-sources.png

(see image - Smart CTAs & MQLs- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source

Further reading about analyzing HubSpot sources data and CTA data
- see How to analyze sources data
- see How to analyze your Call-to-Action (CTA) results
- see Call-to-Action Frequently Asked Questions
- see Why don't my CTA clicks match the page views of my page?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

Traffic sources for CTAs

resolver

By default, HubSpot CTA views and clicks are tracked and reported on a per page / per email basis, but without regard to referral source. CTA views only match page views under ideal conditions and, as @Phil_Vallender pointed out, there is currently no built-in HubSpot source report showing CTA referral source.

Here's what our (sanitized) use case looked like for a service professional client when we needed to make a 'Book A Meeting' CTA 'smart' based on referral source. This allowed us to analyze CTA referral source data without regard for MQL referral source which doesn't always tell the whole story.
(see image - Smart CTA settings)hubspot-reporting-smart-cta-by-source-gif.gif

INITIALLY we saw a high correlation between CTA and MQL referral sources shown below because initially we were able to limit the triggering of the MQL Lifecycle stage so that it only occurred as a result of meeting bookings -- again, initially. (oh ... did I say, 'initially'? haha) Once other behaviors in the portal were allowed to trigger the MQL Lifecycle stage things became ... well ... 'normalized' -- aka: HubSpot crazy.

That being said, the smart CTA by referral source continues to act as a valid conversion KPI on its own even after normalization. And can be very helpful when trying to identify revenue opportunities if / when high value conversions are tied to the Smart CTA(s) begin used.

(see image - MQLs)

mfjlabs-hubspot-report-new-mqls-00-all-sources.png

(see image - Smart CTAs & MQLs- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source- Larger Image @ http://devblog.frankinbound.com/blog/hubspot-smart-ctas-by-referral-source

Further reading about analyzing HubSpot sources data and CTA data
- see How to analyze sources data
- see How to analyze your Call-to-Action (CTA) results
- see Call-to-Action Frequently Asked Questions
- see Why don't my CTA clicks match the page views of my page?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender
Solución

Traffic sources for CTAs

resolver

Hi @Senior-Potato

There is actually no report in HubSpot that will show you this kind of information. 

One solution that springs to mind would be to use smart content to display a different version of the (same) CTA to visitors coming from different referral source types. Each CTA would then only get clicks from a specific traffic source. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency