Reporting & Analytics

Mela
Participant

Tracking leads that came back from remarketing?

SOLVE

Is there a way in Hubspot to assess when existing leads (people that filled forms) reconvert on a new form tied to a remarketing campaign? Right now, I know that our remarketing is helping close business BUT I can't figure out how to report the number of leads that have come back thanks to remarketing. We use UTM tracking. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kframpton
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have a few suggestions: 

1. Create a campaign for your remarketing efforts and tie them to any landing pages you're using. You'll be able to see how many contacts were "influenced" by the campaign and the number of deals closed that were influenced by the campaign. How to set up campaign analytics

2. Create a "Campaign Code" property and create a workflow that assigns that code to anyone who fills out a form on the pages that includes your UTM parameters. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @MReichert6 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Bishop
Participant

SOLVE

My colleague identified a workaround. I'll ping them and see about getting more information for you.

0 Upvotes
DSelde

SOLVE

thank you so much!

Big issue now is that people ccoming in from retargeting campaign end ups under directe source instead of paid seach or paid social...

0 Upvotes
Bishop
Participant

SOLVE

I believe (but haven't validated) with strong certainty that our workaround was to use non-utm query string parameters for the URLs in retargeting campaigns.  Reference this KB article for some background. That should be enough to get your gears turning, but will update this thread with more info later.

0 Upvotes
DSelde

SOLVE

Would be a BIG help for us. 

0 Upvotes
DSelde

SOLVE

Dear Bishop,

Would it be possible to give you a call or have a screenshare later today?

Kind regards

Daniel Selde

0 Upvotes
Bishop
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue. Did you end up finding a good strategy for this?

My scenario. 

I acquire a large % of contacts through Paid Search. This drives a funnel of contacts who:

1. Populate with Original Source = Paid Search
  2. Are added to multiple retargeting lists
  3. Are retargeted through other sources (ex. Adroll, Linkedin, etc)

A contact created in January through Paid Search, may subsequently click 3 different retargeting ads over the course of February and then become a customer in March.

Here's where the issue comes into play for reporting on retargeting efforts. Since all of these contacts are "Original Source = Paid Search" it doesn't seem there's any way to report against interaction with additional UTM parameters later in their lifecycle. 

For example, if I wanted to look at how many MQL's were created from contacts that clicked links containing "utm-source=adroll" there isn't a way to do it since this will never be an 'original source'. I can't even create "lists" of people who viewed pages with "url contains utm-source=adroll" as a workaround (I'm assuming parameters are excluded from 'contains' qualifiers).

An additional layer of complexity is Hubspot's pre-defined original sources aren't consistent in what what they populate for the drill-down:

ex. Campaign Name in Drill-Down 1 or 2 Depending on Sourceex. Campaign Name in Drill-Down 1 or 2 Depending on Source

@kframpton can you expand on the 'campaign property' concept you outlined above? How would it work if someone fills out two different forms from two different retargeting campaigns?

0 Upvotes
DSelde

SOLVE

Dear Bishop,

Did you find a solution for this? We have a big issue that the original source is first interation based!

Best

Daniel

0 Upvotes
kframpton
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have a few suggestions: 

1. Create a campaign for your remarketing efforts and tie them to any landing pages you're using. You'll be able to see how many contacts were "influenced" by the campaign and the number of deals closed that were influenced by the campaign. How to set up campaign analytics

2. Create a "Campaign Code" property and create a workflow that assigns that code to anyone who fills out a form on the pages that includes your UTM parameters. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Upvotes
Mela
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @kframpton. Since the UTM fields may already be populated with original lead source data, how do I handle this new layer? 

I'll look into Campaign reporting.  

0 Upvotes