Tracking conversions in LinkedIn/tag manager through inline thank you message

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi, we're using a popup form and also a HubSpot form embedded in an external page in a few places within a blog article. The form appears part way through the article, and therefore we don't want to take the user out of that page and send them to a separate thank you URL.

Using an inline thank you message works perfectly in both cases from a user point of view. However, we loose conversion tracking visibility in linkedIn or other third party ad products. From what I know, and looking at similar threads around the meetings booking feature, I don't think there is really any way we can capture conversions in LinkedIn or other services, is there?

Like I say, I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but wanted to post here to confirm before I give up on this.

Ads
0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Thought Leader

We don't use inline TY functionality, but remember seeing at least one solution for this. Maybe had something to do with GTM events?

Regarding, LinkedIn conversions ... appending a unique URL parameter (WITHOUT CHANGING THE PAGE) may cause a LinkedIn conversion to be triggered if the Conversion defined in LinkedIn Campaign Manager is based on that unique URL (with parameter).

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the input Frank - Unfortunately, I've looked at Google Tag Manager events and because of the way HubSpot renders the form and inline TY contnet in an iFrame, it means that without access to add any script or HTML content to that inline TY content, there's no way of recognising any events that happen within that iFrame from GTM running on our server (page and GTM snippet are on our server, iFrame is on HubSpot server).

You're right, we *could* potentially update the URL and trigger a conversion in LinkedIn, BUT only if we had access to throw some script in the TY content, and if that was somethign we could it would be a moot point.

As far as I can see, the only options are either we replicate the popup form functionality ourselves using an embeded HubSpot form in an iFrame container that we control and can therfore include tagmanager in (a reasonable amount of work). Or, we change the HubSpot popup form to redirect to a thank you page (which at worst is an alternative version of the same page, ie just a success parameter chucked in) which potentially breaks the user experience a bit because they're half way through the article and suddenly jump back to the top.

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Yea @kaious ... sorry, can't remember where I saw/heard that solution. Maybe had something to do with an unstyled embedded HubSpot form? Maybe try asking over in the Dev forum. Again, I know I wasn't dreaming. Ok, may be I was. (head shaking) Smiley Wink

cc: @tjoyce@Stephanie-OG 

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi!

Have you tried adding the "onFormSubmitted" event to your embed code?

I could write functions and target my site with the help of it, as long as I didn't target the HubSpot iframe content.

Here is the description:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/advanced_form_options

Regular Contributor

Hi @mariannk - thanks for this. I've actually done similar with meetings bookings, and was wondering if the same might work for the embedded form. I haven't had time to test it out yet however. I'll give this a go. Thanks!

0 Upvotes