Reporting & Analytics

CJohns7
Participant

Tracking URL creation failed

SOLVE

I'm trying to create URL tracking links with the Tracking URL builder, it's been working fine for the last hour and now I keep getting a red message with "Tracking URL creation failed"

Nothing wrong with URLs or wifi. Any ideas? Is there a limit to the number you can do? - I'm under a time constraint. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CJohns7
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Update, we found via our social tab, that we'd reached our monthly bitly limit and that's why it wasn't working. We disconnected it until tomorrow so it's all working now. The social tab showed what the error was, but the tracking link one gave no indication. If anyone is in the same boat, check your bitly limit. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CJohns7,

Have you tried another browser or clearing cache/cookies?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CJohns7
Participant

SOLVE
Yes I did
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CJohns7,

That's very strange. Sometimes these issues disappear after a short while, could you check if this is still happening?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CJohns7
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Update, we found via our social tab, that we'd reached our monthly bitly limit and that's why it wasn't working. We disconnected it until tomorrow so it's all working now. The social tab showed what the error was, but the tracking link one gave no indication. If anyone is in the same boat, check your bitly limit. 

oskuuinc

SOLVE

Ah

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that you're using bit.ly. Glad it's resolved, @CJohns7.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes