Reporting & Analytics

Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Tracking PDF data

SOLVE

Hi,

I was wondering how you track the effectiveness of PDFs (White papers, App notes etc.,)

Aside from using UTMs to track link clicks, do you know of any other ways to see if people are actually reading your asstes.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Tracking PDF data

SOLVE

Hi @Daniel_Bleich 

Good question. 

Assuming we're talking about PDFs in the marketing context; beyond using UTMs or HubSpot custom events (enterprise feature) to track the click, visit or download to/of a PDF asset, I suppose you would have to host your PDF content in an external platform to be able to obtain engagement data, and integrate that platform with HubSpot if you wanted contact-level data. 

I haven't found tons of obvious solutions for this but I think Uberflip might do it. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
markterry
Participant

Tracking PDF data

SOLVE

I am not aware of any HubSpot solution but am very surprised a simple one doesn't exist, as a previous user of Act-On (a vastly inferior product) they used to have a link tracker where pdfs could be uploaded to the media library and scored against either collectively or singularly. Gutted. 

Definitely need this solution to ensure HubSpot is closes a rather big hole in its scoring methodology.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Tracking PDF data

SOLVE

Hi @Daniel_Bleich 

Good question. 

Assuming we're talking about PDFs in the marketing context; beyond using UTMs or HubSpot custom events (enterprise feature) to track the click, visit or download to/of a PDF asset, I suppose you would have to host your PDF content in an external platform to be able to obtain engagement data, and integrate that platform with HubSpot if you wanted contact-level data. 

I haven't found tons of obvious solutions for this but I think Uberflip might do it. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency