Reporting & Analytics

Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

I was wondering if there was a way to have analytics on PDFs hosted on Hubspot in the files section.

For example if someone downloads a white paper and the PDF is hosted on Hubspot, is there a way to track data?

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
1 Accepted solution
mkarsten
Solution
Top Contributor

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

You can use an Event, if the customer is downloading the PDF from a website managed outside of HubSpot . We create a HubSpot Event, and then add the Event ID to the asset in our web management tool.

Otherwise we rely on CTAs for tracking within HubSpot.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
FadiGeorge
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

Two main ways:

1. The Sales tool - "Documents" - but that is to get specific people access to a doc where they enter their email to access, and all their behavior data is seen on the contact record - It's really nice!

2. [[Custom Solution]] - We make a web page specifically for that PDF - it's a fill-window-sized iframe (100% height and width), in that iframe, embed your PDF - now that's tracked as a web page visit, you can get creative with tracking, reporting, automation...etc.

Hope this helps.

Fadi.

mkarsten
Solution
Top Contributor

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

You can use an Event, if the customer is downloading the PDF from a website managed outside of HubSpot . We create a HubSpot Event, and then add the Event ID to the asset in our web management tool.

Otherwise we rely on CTAs for tracking within HubSpot.

SimonH_Demodia
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

Sounds like a possible option, but aren't Events only available to Marketing Hub Enterprise clients? Have you tried this with another edition?

0 Upvotes
opendorz
Contributor

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

Yes, unfortunately.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tracking PDF analytics

SOLVE

I will tag in other Community contributors here: @DanielSanchez , @Aakar , @SandyG1 

I think there are 2 ways to track PDF:

1- use CTA and link the PDF

2- use documents tool

What do you guys think?