Tracking Meeting Events, Setting as a Goal in Google Analytics with GTM
Aug 15, 2019 11:18 AM - edited Aug 15, 2019 11:24 AM
I spent hours upon hours trying build a report that would show me visitors that landed on our website and signed up for a demo meeting. Below is my solution to track visitors that:
- Landed on website
- Clicked on sign up for demo
- Scheduled demo meeting
Here's my solution using GTM (Google Tag Manager):
1) Create a trigger using Page view, I set to all pages being it only triggers based on the listener.
2) Next, We'll create a custom HTML tag listener, apply the above trigger to this listener.
This listens for if a person creates / schedules a meeting using the HS calendar meeting feature embedded on your website.
3) We'll create a second trigger that will fire if the above event happens.
4) Now, we're going to create a virtual pageview based on an event, this step took me some time to discover.
We create a virtual pageview if the trigger above fires. See screenshot for details
As for the goal I setup in google analytics, is straight forward. Now please note I also created an event and virtual pageview for the click of our signup button to setup this goal.
Now you may view this goal in a funnel visulization and also in a table report to see website visitors to demo signup conversions and more...