Reporting & Analytics

ojobson
Top Contributor

Tracking LinkedIn Promoted Content

SOLVE

Hi,

I published some posts to LinkedIn using the HubSpot Social tools and then decided to promote these posts using the LinkedIn campaign manager.

The alternative (2nd) way of doing this would be to create the sponsored content within the LinkedIn campaign manager and use a HubSpot campaign tracking link to monitor the traffic...

... so what is the best way of doing this? Does anyone have any preference? I think the method in my second example would avoid a situation where my social content and paid content are confused in reports. Are there any other pros / cons of each method; or, is there another method that would be prefered?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ojobson
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda, thanks for sending the link - I think that's what I was looking for!

For anyone else that finds this the helpful post from that thread was:

"Hi great question. In order to properly track and attribute the clicks to Paid Social, you'll need to set up a tracking URL. The only exception to this is if you are using the HubSpot Ads tool but at this point that only works with Facebook."

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @ojobson,

Did you see this thread? It discusses a similar question. If you have further questions, feel free to chime in on that discussion!

Thanks,
Jenny

ojobson
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda, thanks for sending the link - I think that's what I was looking for!

For anyone else that finds this the helpful post from that thread was:

"Hi great question. In order to properly track and attribute the clicks to Paid Social, you'll need to set up a tracking URL. The only exception to this is if you are using the HubSpot Ads tool but at this point that only works with Facebook."