Reporting & Analytics

squigglebit
Contributor

Time between returning vague responses

SOLVE

I'm calculating time between 2 dates in Hubspot and it's returning vague times like "a year"

can anyone tell me why this might be?

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 18.21.55.png

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @squigglebit, thanks for reaching out! I really like your username btw 🙂

This is a really good question, and you're not the only person who's asked it (sadly, there wasn't a response given there).

Howeber, looking at this HubSpot Knowledge Base article:

• Time between: calculates the time between two selected date picker properties. Select your Start date and End date properties.
    • The time will be displayed differently in different HubSpot tools.
    • For date properties without a timestamp, the default time used in the calculation will be 12:00 am UTC for the selected day.
    • In the object record (e.g., a contact record), the displayed value will be in hours, days, months, or years. For example, if the time calculated is one month and twenty days, then the value displayed will be One month.
    • In custom reports that use a property with this field type, the displayed value will be in days. For example, if the time calculated is one year and twenty days, then the value displayed will be 385 days.

It looks like you're viewing that property within the contact record, so you're shown a rounded, vague value. I would try using a custom report to grab that specific value (or you could try exporting that value in a contact export to see if you get the specific value).

I also strongly encourage you to upvote and share your use case in this HubSpot Ideas thread. It looks like that idea has a good bit of traction and plenty of other users are asking for this functionality, so your feedback is super valuable! 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @squigglebit, thanks for reaching out! I really like your username btw 🙂

This is a really good question, and you're not the only person who's asked it (sadly, there wasn't a response given there).

Howeber, looking at this HubSpot Knowledge Base article:

• Time between: calculates the time between two selected date picker properties. Select your Start date and End date properties.
    • The time will be displayed differently in different HubSpot tools.
    • For date properties without a timestamp, the default time used in the calculation will be 12:00 am UTC for the selected day.
    • In the object record (e.g., a contact record), the displayed value will be in hours, days, months, or years. For example, if the time calculated is one month and twenty days, then the value displayed will be One month.
    • In custom reports that use a property with this field type, the displayed value will be in days. For example, if the time calculated is one year and twenty days, then the value displayed will be 385 days.

It looks like you're viewing that property within the contact record, so you're shown a rounded, vague value. I would try using a custom report to grab that specific value (or you could try exporting that value in a contact export to see if you get the specific value).

I also strongly encourage you to upvote and share your use case in this HubSpot Ideas thread. It looks like that idea has a good bit of traction and plenty of other users are asking for this functionality, so your feedback is super valuable! 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes