Reporting & Analytics

scandicorp

The count of website visits and source is not working

SOLVE

Hi,

I am using the free version of marketing, crm and sales. I have a problem with visits and source. 

Under Marketing > Dashboard the "New contacts by source in the last 30 days" is not showing the paid, organic, social and referral source. I know mainly all lead conversion comes from paid source for example, so it should not be 0. Looks like they are appearing as offline och direct instead. This is working absolutly well for my other accounts - and they are all set up the same way. 

My Google AdWords auto-tagging is enabled. 

I have 4 hubspot accounts for 4 different websites. The other three works well, but not this account. I can see it very clearly when I visit https://app.hubspot.com/myaccounts with the overview of all my accounts. The visitors numbers does not make sence. Since the one with most leads has the less visits, only 7 visits and 20 leads. 

I am not sure if this is two different issues or based on the same, with the visits and the source. Please let me know what I can do to make this work?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @scandicorp, thanks for reaching out to the community! 

Before we dig in, it does seem like there are two seperate questions here, would you please submit a new forum topic with your second question? 

As far as the source bucketing goes, in order for a post to be considered "paid search", it must meet one of the following three criteria: 

• The destination URL of your paid ad contains tracking parameters that include 'ppc' or 'cpc' or 'adwords'.
    Ex. the paid ad links to the URL, "offers.hubspot.com/free-trial/?utm_campaign=free+trial&utm_source=ppc"
  • The referral URL contains ‘google.com’ and the destination URL contains tracking parameters.
    Ex. the paid ad is on google.com and links to the URL,"offers.hubspot.com/free-trial/?utm_campaign=free+trial"
  • Google Adwords auto-tagging is enabled so that the tracking parameter, 'gclid=’, is added to the destination URL.
    Ex. the paid ad URL is in the format, "offers.hubspot.com/free-trial?gclid=xyz1234567".

Would you be able to provide an example of one of your paid search tracking url's so that I can compare and troubleshoot further? 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @scandicorp, thanks for reaching out to the community! 

Before we dig in, it does seem like there are two seperate questions here, would you please submit a new forum topic with your second question? 

As far as the source bucketing goes, in order for a post to be considered "paid search", it must meet one of the following three criteria: 

• The destination URL of your paid ad contains tracking parameters that include 'ppc' or 'cpc' or 'adwords'.
    Ex. the paid ad links to the URL, "offers.hubspot.com/free-trial/?utm_campaign=free+trial&utm_source=ppc"
  • The referral URL contains ‘google.com’ and the destination URL contains tracking parameters.
    Ex. the paid ad is on google.com and links to the URL,"offers.hubspot.com/free-trial/?utm_campaign=free+trial"
  • Google Adwords auto-tagging is enabled so that the tracking parameter, 'gclid=’, is added to the destination URL.
    Ex. the paid ad URL is in the format, "offers.hubspot.com/free-trial?gclid=xyz1234567".

Would you be able to provide an example of one of your paid search tracking url's so that I can compare and troubleshoot further? 

0 Upvotes