Reporting & Analytics

thibauls
Contributor

Source tracking for email A B Testing

SOLVE

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to differentiate the campaign ID from an A/B email test. Currently we use in hubspot the parameter (Add source tracking only if no existing tags in URL) it works very well except when it comes to A/B test because the campaign name remains the same in the URL generated by HUBSPOT.

Our solution is to manually add UTMs in the A/B email links in order to be able to determine if the email is coming from A or B. This is however not at all productive as it requires a lot of manuals. Do you have an effective solution so that google analytic can easily determine if it is from A or B.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would just use manual UTM parameters, but I agree having something built into Hubspot to say whether someone got an A/B automatically in their UTMs would be nice.  I would say just post it in the ideas board and link to it here so people can vote on it. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would just use manual UTM parameters, but I agree having something built into Hubspot to say whether someone got an A/B automatically in their UTMs would be nice.  I would say just post it in the ideas board and link to it here so people can vote on it. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @thibauls, thank you for posting in our Community!

I would like to invite our top experts to this conversation @Ben_M @ndwilliams3 any recommendations for @thibauls matter?

THank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !