Reporting & Analytics

jasonzimmermann
Participant

Source for Display Traffic?

SOLVE

Hello, 

Up until this point I've been primarily using "other campaigns" as the source for all display campaigns because there isn't a display campaign source like there is a paid search. 

I wanted to see if this is the norm for everyone else or is there is something I'm missing in terms of tracking your display campaigns by source. 

My managers would like to see display lumped under paid search. My concern is that paid search to me says SEM not display and lumping display under paid search would ultimately make it more difficult to separate the two at a glance. 

Basically trying to see if anyone has run into this situation and how you handle your display traffic any differently. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kim_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jasonzimmermann , 

I get what you mean by the dirty view. For me the sources report provided the solution by making it possible to segment the report based on custom UTM parameters. This source provides more information about the possibilities of this report. 

Kind regards, 

Kim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Kim_HM

SOLVE

Hi @jasonzimmermann , 

I also ran into this problem myself and then opted to place display ads with paid search. This allows you to properly distinguish the effectiveness of paid traffic from other traffic sources. 

To distinguish between the different types of paid search, I would use descriptive campaign names. Please take a look at this page to find more information about ad tracking options in HubSpot. 

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Kim

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community & mark it as solution!

jasonzimmermann
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Kim, I've been using the campaign names but as you probably know that requires you to drill down and likely taking you away from your original view of the overall sources. Plus it can eventually look dirty with different campaign names and nomenclature. I know it's not a make or break reason but with multiple campaigns and different people operating in the tool it really creates a dirty view. 

0 Upvotes
Kim_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jasonzimmermann , 

I get what you mean by the dirty view. For me the sources report provided the solution by making it possible to segment the report based on custom UTM parameters. This source provides more information about the possibilities of this report. 

Kind regards, 

Kim