Reporting & Analytics

MelanieHornung
Participant

Shorten UTM Parameter

Hello Community,

We use HubSpot for landing pages, but our website does not run via HubSpot. We have already integrated the tracking code on our website and want to link to the landing page by embedding a hubSpot CTA.

The landing page will contain a very long link that does not look like UTM parameters at first. We have been assured that these are UTM parameters.
The link now looks unattractive, so we would like to shorten it a little.

Has anybody already had the same problem or an idea how we can shorten the URL without losing the tracking parameter?

This is what the UTM Parameter looks like at the moment:

hsCtaTracking=2d57fceb-ddc5-4ede-969d-6bff12488364%7Ca10a09fb-c1c4-48d7-86dd-3395758188a4

Thanks for you help,
Melanie
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Shorten UTM Parameter

HI Melanie,

Are you talking about the link generated by the CTA that sits at the bottom left? That's just a preview  of the link you are hovering over in which case you would just need to shorten the embeded URL.

Just take the URL next to your "href" in the embed code and run it through a shortener and make it more friendly. Bitly should work fine. 

MelanieHornung
Participant

Shorten UTM Parameter

Hello,

thanks for you answer.

We embedded an CTA (Hubspot) at our Website https://www.finsurance-it-services.de/blog/5-tipps-fuer-public-cloud-einsatz-im-regulierten-umfeld?u...

This CTA leads to a HubSpot Landing Page: https://lp.finsurance-it-services.de/checkliste-identitaets-und-berechtigungsmanagement?hsCtaTrackin...

And this Landing Page has this long UTM Parameters which doesn´t look like the UTM Parameters we know. We would like to be able to shorten the URL a bit, is there a way?

I hope I could express myself more clearly :).

Thanks for you help!

0 Upvotes
dianalcont
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Shorten UTM Parameter

@MelanieHornung - I see what you are saying and this is often something I get asked by my clients – you're not alone. 

Here is what I found in the HubSpot knowledge base:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ctas/calls-to-action-frequently-asked-questions#why-is-the-landing-pag...

The link should take you straight to the explanation of why the URL is so long. But the TLDR answer is that we don't have control over it because this is what HubSpot automatically applies for it to be able to track.

Wish I could have provided a super cool hack, but hopefully this provides some clarity.

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shorten UTM Parameter

Hey @MelanieHornung 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll tag a few experts so they can share their thoughts around this. 

Hey @Herman @ConnorSlivensky @dianalcont any advise you can give to @MelanieHornung?

Thanks 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes