Reporting & Analytics

DPearson5
Participant

Setting Content Type through Google Tag Manager

Does anyone have any tips on how to set content types for an externally hosted website through Google Tag Manager?

We are hosted through Webflow and use Tag Manager to handle all of our tracking. We set up the hubspot tracking code just fine, but I am trying to add the additional content-type code. 

The way I set it up is to have the main hubspot tracking code fire and then, depending on the content, have the additional code trigger. 

The problem is that when the additional code fires, it just adds the text of the code to the bottom of the page and does not trigger the content type within hubspot. Any ideas on what's going on?

5 Replies 5
DPearson5
Participant

Thanks for getting back with me on this. Currently, I have the base Hubspot code installed as one tag that fires on every page. Then I have tags containing just the code shown below. These tags are set to trigger immediately after the hubspot tag. Does that help clarify things? I have a bunch of tags that are all triggering correctly, so i know i have tag manager installed right.

var _hsq = window._hsq = window._hsq || [];
_hsq.push(['setContentType', 'ASSET_TYPE']);

0 Upvotes
DavidDennison
Key Advisor

As @StjepanGrcic said, it's kinda hard to be able to tell what's going on without seeing it. Is there any chance that you didn't put the GTM code in the right place? I would also take a look at lazy loading. I've seen that cause issues before. Webflow is notorious for being wayyyyyy difficult.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
StjepanGrcic
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @DPearson5 

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

Definitely second this!

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DPearson5 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Aakar @Mike_Eastwood @StjepanGrcic @DavidDennison do you have any thought for @DPearson5 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !