Reporting & Analytics

MGoswick2
Participant

See Behavior Event Tracking Tags/Target

SOLVE

Maybe I'm missing something, but in the old events tracking tool, you could edit and update events, as well as see what the current event was tracking (i.e. if you selected "Clicked Element", the next screen showed you the ID/Class/Jquery selector currently being used), but it does not seem that is possible with the new events tracking tool. I imagine this has to do with the new structure of the tracking tool, but if HubSpot is creating event listener JS that is placed in the tracking snippet, then that should be accessible somewhere to review/edit. Is there any way within the new events tool to see what is actually triggering the event, so see all events currnetly on a page?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MGoswick2
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Figured out how to at least see the list of events (although it seems it cannot be updated without using the API, only deleted and recreated), so posting the answer in case someone else runs into this issue.

When you place the HS tracking code and use the new custom behaviors, there will be a script placed https://js.hs-analytics.net/analytics/[server-ID?]/[portal-ID].js 

Within this script, it will list all events at the top as _hsq.push events. Those events will contain the targets, as well as the name of the event. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MGoswick2,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to add our experts to see if they have any advice.

Hi @danmoyle@NicoleSengers@Mike_Eastwood@himanshurauthan - Do you have any recommendations for @MGoswick2?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thank you for the tag @kvlschaefer. I'm not as familiar with the behavioral events as I should be. Sorry @MGoswick2 but I don't have an answer. Maybe another of our awesome community members will! 

One quick addition - if this is something that changed, I might look at the ideas forum to see if others have asked to bring it back. Or you can submit the idea and see if others can upvote it. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
MGoswick2
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Figured out how to at least see the list of events (although it seems it cannot be updated without using the API, only deleted and recreated), so posting the answer in case someone else runs into this issue.

When you place the HS tracking code and use the new custom behaviors, there will be a script placed https://js.hs-analytics.net/analytics/[server-ID?]/[portal-ID].js 

Within this script, it will list all events at the top as _hsq.push events. Those events will contain the targets, as well as the name of the event. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MGoswick2,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

Thanks for sharing the solution with the Community 🙂

All the best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !