Reporting & Analytics

rickbyrd
Participant

Robots.txt issue

SOLVE

The robots.txt file within Hubspot is not matching the robots.txt file in Google Search Console.  See images below.

Hubspot robots.txtHubspot robots.txtGSC robots.txtGSC robots.txt

I do not know how lines 7 - 10 showed up in the GSC version.  I do not know how to remove them as they are not showing up in Hubspot.

Any thoughts?

Rick

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Robots.txt issue

SOLVE

Hi @rickbyrd

Those look like they are inserted by HubSpot automatically to prevent your post and page previews, email preferences pages and some other things from showing up in search. This is probably a good thing. Do you have a specific reason for wanting to remove them? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Robots.txt issue

SOLVE

Hi @rickbyrd

Those look like they are inserted by HubSpot automatically to prevent your post and page previews, email preferences pages and some other things from showing up in search. This is probably a good thing. Do you have a specific reason for wanting to remove them? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
rickbyrd
Participant

Robots.txt issue

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender,

They are showing a blocked resources in GSC so I wanted to get them cleared but there is no real good reason if these resources are blocked.  It is mostly the Recent Posts listings that are blocked.

Thanks for the explanation!

Rick

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Robots.txt issue

SOLVE

@rickbyrd We block some of these resources because the URL's are signed in order to prevent an attacker from leveraging the service to DDOS a different website. GC would try to follow old expired links and throw errors, so we decided to just block them entirely since they are not important to the indexing of the page.

0 Upvotes