Reporting & Analytics

davecriswell
トップ投稿者

Reporting on repeat customers

解決

There was a previous post about this with a now broken link to an idea post but no real input for if/how folks are handling this.

We find the Original Source contact property is great for tracking new business. However, we're investigating how we might more clearly identify where repeat customers come from.

We're a seasonal business and working to identify which initiatives and/or combo of initiatives are most effective for the purchases after the initial one.

Is there anyone doing this kind of analysis in Hubspot?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Ben_M
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Yes - the Most Recent Source is a custom property.  Basically on all forms or touch points there is always a Most Recent Source value whether static, hidden, or dyanmic from a variable on page or passed to the page.  I would run a workflow in the background to look for any contacts with a Most Recent Source where the Original Source is blank and populate the original source that way.

To your point about inbound I was on vacation during inbound this year so I wasn't able to attend, but it is possible they may have other things in the works.  If you have a link to the specific topic I would be very interested in reading about it.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
tcxen
投稿者 | Platinum Partner
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

解決

We are also looking for a solution to this. I wonder if HubSpot Custom Objects could be the way to go now (i.e. a custom object called 'Repeat Customer' as opposed to a Contact object with lifecycle stage Customer). Another idea is a custom lifecycle stage property for Repeat Customer and you set that based on repeat sales behaviour. If anyone following this has any other ideas I'm all ears 🙂

0 いいね!
Ben_M
キーアドバイザー

解決

I haven't found a way to do what you are asking for exclusively in Hubspot because in order to keep track of all touchpoints or sources, you would need what is commonly referred to as CDOs or Custom Data Objects. Basically these are joined tables to the contact record that store all touchpoints for a contact.

The most I have typically been able to do with Hubspot is an Original Source and Most Recent Source.  I don't typically use the Original Source property useful because it's not detailed enough so we create codes that identify all of our marketing efforts and if the Original is blank we write to it, but we always overwrite the most recent source at each touchpoint.

davecriswell
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks for the input @Ben_M. Interesting approach.

A couple of clarifying questions - is the Most Recent Source data a custom field? If so, how are you capturing that data?

There were some announcements at Inbound about multi-touch attribution reporting that could help solve for some of this.

0 いいね!
Ben_M
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Yes - the Most Recent Source is a custom property.  Basically on all forms or touch points there is always a Most Recent Source value whether static, hidden, or dyanmic from a variable on page or passed to the page.  I would run a workflow in the background to look for any contacts with a Most Recent Source where the Original Source is blank and populate the original source that way.

To your point about inbound I was on vacation during inbound this year so I wasn't able to attend, but it is possible they may have other things in the works.  If you have a link to the specific topic I would be very interested in reading about it.

davecriswell
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks, @Ben_M. That's super helpful.

I haven't found anything online that references the attribution reporting announced at Inbound but I've heard that it will be in Beta for Enterprise customers beginning in early October. It might be worth reaching out to your CSM.