Reporting & Analytics

KDuke
Participante

Reporting on older lifecycle statuses that have been reset

resolver

Is there a way to report on previous stages of lifecycle after the property has been reset?

We have added a workflow that resets bottom of funnel contacts to Lead if they indicate they are still sort of interested, but the timing is bad, etc. Not quite strong enough to keep with the sales team, but not a full No so we want to keep them engaged with nurture.

My primary marketing reporting metric is "Became a marketingqualifiedlead date." (That's how I report on total number of MQLs created per month.)

When we enacted this new workflow, it apparently also clears that property. So my historic data is now missing a bunch of people who had gone through MQL in a given month, then stalled out. Now reset, they disappear as if they had never been an MQL.

The individual contact records still show the original lifecycle stage change to MQL. But the reporting no longer picks it up.

Any suggestions?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
NicoleSengers
Solución
Guía | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Hi @KDuke 

When you clear the lifecycle stage you also clear the related "became a marketingqualified lead" property - which is the only way to move a lifecycle stage backwards.

What if you created a secondary property? Something like "Previously became a MQL date" and copy the date before you clear the lifecycle stage. That way you could report on those leads?

Clearing the property does remove the historic data so you would need another property or a copied property to help you here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
NicoleSengers
Solución

resolver

Hi @KDuke 

When you clear the lifecycle stage you also clear the related "became a marketingqualified lead" property - which is the only way to move a lifecycle stage backwards.

What if you created a secondary property? Something like "Previously became a MQL date" and copy the date before you clear the lifecycle stage. That way you could report on those leads?

Clearing the property does remove the historic data so you would need another property or a copied property to help you here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
KDuke
Participante

resolver

Thanks Nicole. That's where I landed yesterday. Was hoping for a more elegant solution but I'll take it. 🙂  Good to have some validation that I was on the right track!

natsumimori
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @KDuke ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I wanted to tag in top contributors here: @NicoleSengers and @Mike_Eastwood , would you mind sharing your tips/advices for @KDuke ?

0 Me gusta