Reporting & Analytics

BMorrow21

Reporting on activities associated with custom object

I'm trying to generate reports with the total number activities associated with a custom object called "Events". What I'm finding is that if I have a single contact associated with multiple Event objects, the count of activities in the report struggles to differentiate between which meetings are associated with which event, and instead attributes the total count of activities associated with the event to all events that contact attended.

For example, Joe Schmo attends three separate events and has his contact record associated with three Event objects. There is one activity associated with Event #1, two activities associated with Event #2, and three activities associated with Event #3. If  I run a report to see the total count of activities associated with each event, the report returns that there were six activities associated with each event instead of the actual number.

If I remove Joe Schmo from one of the events, that event total reverts back to what I would exepct. If I associate a user with only the third event, everything shows up as expected.

One Event.png

If I also associate them with the first event, it adds all of the activities associated with event #3 to event #1, even if that contact had nothing to do with any of the activities.

Two events.png

Is this just a side effect of trying to report on three kinds of records, or is there something I'm missing? Any ideas on how to handle this issue would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Pkumar27

Reporting on activities associated with custom object

How usefull this feature, though we need some advance reporting

0 Upvotes