Reporting & Analytics

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Reporting on 1 website like it is 3 different websites

SOLVE

We have 1 Website hosted on Hubspot. However, internally, the company tends to view their 1 website as 3 separate sites. This is because we're a software company with 3 variations of the software. Each variation is for a different industry. 

So executives want website metrics that show views, conversions, CTA clicks, email analytics, etc., for each of the 3 sites--again, technically 1 site but hang with me here. 

Luckily, the people who setup all the site pages, landing pages, CTAs, blogs, etc., used a decent naming convention. By exporting mass amounts of data within a month timeframe or YTD, I can glean quite a bit of data for each of the 3 sites by filtering and sorting based on naming convention in Excel. Blogs are easy, because there are 3 separate blogs setup and Hubspot does its own reporting for each blog. 

My question is if there's a tool that would allow me to group site pages together and gather analytics and reporting just for those pages. I've already contacted Hubspot support and they said they couldn't help with this request. They did not offer the help of any of the integration partners. So I'm assuming I'm going to have to go outside of Hubspot for what I want. But I'm not finding the tool or service that I have in mind. Has anyone needed reporting like this and how do you get it done? Thanks!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Marketing Pro. 

I did find a solution to my dilema. I found out that I can use Google Analytics Reports to filter traffic based on URL and can, therefore, create filtered reports, then clone them and change the filter for the different URL structures that exist within our site. In essence I can now report on "different sites".

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Crystal_Hopper what version of HubSpot marketing are you using? Marketing Free / Starter / Basic / Pro or Enterprise? Are you using HubSpot's website add-on?

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Marketing Pro. 

I did find a solution to my dilema. I found out that I can use Google Analytics Reports to filter traffic based on URL and can, therefore, create filtered reports, then clone them and change the filter for the different URL structures that exist within our site. In essence I can now report on "different sites".

0 Upvotes