Reporting & Analytics

ElenaIordache
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Reporting for multiple domains tracking with HubSpot tracking code

SOLVE

Hi everyone, hope someone here has experience with my situation 🙂

One of our clients has the HubSpot tracking code installed on multiple website domains. 

These websites are hosted on WordPress and the client has a Marketing Hub Pro subscription. They don't have brand domains added to their account (although I understand they can add one for free).

I would like to be able to create dashboards for each separate domain and report on traffic, traffic sources etc. 

Setting up custom analytics views doesn't work (because they don't have brand domains set up).

Is there another way? Building custom reports maybe? Do you have similar experiences?

many thanks, appreciate it!

Elena

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ElenaIordache,

As far as I know that's not possible, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/set-up-sources-tracking

"While these steps will allow you to track traffic on any domain, you can only create a custom analytics view to segment your website traffic if the domain is a brand domain in the account."

It's an intentional limitation which you cannot workaround without the appropriate subscription inside of HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ElenaIordache,

As far as I know that's not possible, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/set-up-sources-tracking

"While these steps will allow you to track traffic on any domain, you can only create a custom analytics view to segment your website traffic if the domain is a brand domain in the account."

It's an intentional limitation which you cannot workaround without the appropriate subscription inside of HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ElenaIordache
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , many thanks! I was aware this won't work, I was hoping for some workaround of sorts. I found this resource, and I'm trying to use it https://www.danielbertschi.com/en/hubspot-tips-and-tricks/sources-reports-multiple-domains

Thanks,

Elena

0 Upvotes