Reporting & Analytics

DebbieF
Participant

Reporting Issues

SOLVE

I run frequent reports to evaluate data in form submissions, particularly our contact us forms.  I have two issues with the reporting that result in a lot of manual work:

1. If I delete a contact that filled out the form (i.e. a fake lead or someone trying to sell us something), then the contact still shows up in the report because they filled out a form "at one time".  This is quite annoying as I have to manually go through each export and review all comments to try to remove these non-leads from our reports.

2. If I request the data for a specific timeframe, such as a quarter, it will show me the results for that timeframe on the screen, but when I do the export it shows me everyone who filled out that form ever, which is years worth of data. Again, I have to manually go through the report to delete the people outside of the timeframe I have requested. I hate to have to create a new form every quarter or year because then I will lose the history and will have to piece together reports to get the full picture.

Anyone else encounter this and come up with any solutions?  My reachout to HubSpot hasn't yielded anything other than "that is how it works", which does not seem possible.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Reporting Issues

SOLVE

@DebbieF Indeed, you are able to select which fields you want to be included in the export, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.37.38 AM.png

However, there would be no option to select the set of fields that is included in a given form for your export - you would need to know which fields you want to be included, and to select them yourself.

I hope this is a satisfactory workaround!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Reporting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @DebbieF, thanks for reaching out!

Can I ask how you usually organize your reporting? Indeed, though these issues might arise when looking at form submissions from the Forms tool, you should be able to export the data you are looking for by using the List tool instead.

Indeed, in this scenario, you could build a list that pulls in contacts who filled out [form] on [page], refined by [time period], like so: 

Export test   HubSpot.png

You can then export this list, selecting the requisite contact properties for the export. This should resolve both of the aforementioned issues: deleted contacts will not appear in the list, and submissions will be contrained by the specified time frame.

Let me know if this is helpful, and whether you have any further questions on this topic!

Best,

May

0 Upvotes
DebbieF
Participant

Reporting Issues

SOLVE

Thank you but will this allow me to export all of the same fields on the form?  I thought that was the issue before, but maybe we don't have it setup correctly.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Reporting Issues

SOLVE

@DebbieF Indeed, you are able to select which fields you want to be included in the export, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.37.38 AM.png

However, there would be no option to select the set of fields that is included in a given form for your export - you would need to know which fields you want to be included, and to select them yourself.

I hope this is a satisfactory workaround!

0 Upvotes