Report to find the best time to send emails

SOLVE
New Contributor

Hi, I'm fairly new to Hubspot reports feature. I was wondering if there was some sort of way to run a report to find the best time to send emails? I know this is a broad questions but I'd love to hear any tips. Thanks!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Inbound Professor

Hi @brendacarey,

Great question! Currently, there is not a canned report in the Reporting library that summarizes email engagement based on time of open. Similarly, because of the reporting add-on would allow you to get granular in terms of date, but not specific time stamps of email opens.

One of the best options moving toward would be to review the performance tab on individual emails sent from your portal. This report will show you email engagement and open rates over time. Based on this data, you can then experiment with the best times to send emails to your contacts. 

Best,

Jorie

5 Replies 5
Inbound Professor

Hi @brendacarey,

Great question! Currently, there is not a canned report in the Reporting library that summarizes email engagement based on time of open. Similarly, because of the reporting add-on would allow you to get granular in terms of date, but not specific time stamps of email opens.

One of the best options moving toward would be to review the performance tab on individual emails sent from your portal. This report will show you email engagement and open rates over time. Based on this data, you can then experiment with the best times to send emails to your contacts. 

Best,

Jorie

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Jorie @MMunroe ,

do you know, is that still the current status?
Are there any other ways/reports in HubSpot to find out the best time to send emails besides the Email Optimizer?
Possibly also contact related?

Best regards,

Deborah

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I would like this feature as well, this is hugely important for email marketing.

An easy way for HubSpot to accomplish this would be to add "Email Send Time" as a column option in the emails part of the tool. With this, people can export emails along with Email Send Time, Open Rate, Click Rate, etc. With this missing, it's really hard to monitor this across emails. 

Occasional Contributor

A previous email platform that I used would actually track open times od each contacts and average that out. You could then send an email using a feature called, "Send-Time Optimization." This would deliver the email into the recipient's inbox at the best time for that contact.

The downside was that it could take 24 hours for your email send to complete. We did not use this often, but every once in a while.

Andrew

Community Thought Leader

Haven't you heard! Smiley Wink

- see How to use the optimizer in your HubSpot email

And for more robust, larger scale use - see SeventhSense (a HubSpot integration partner)

+1

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817