Reporting & Analytics

brendacarey

Report to find the best time to send emails

SOLVE

Hi, I'm fairly new to Hubspot reports feature. I was wondering if there was some sort of way to run a report to find the best time to send emails? I know this is a broad questions but I'd love to hear any tips. Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
sarboledap
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Brenda, I had the same question recently trying to set up the year's KPIs and I found an interesting tool in the Analyze Overview in the Email Marketing section. You have the Email Performance Report where you can identify the best performing campaigns in a graphic. This is the graphic where you can select the more accurate day and time to send your campaigns.

Email PerformanceEmail Performance

It works for me, hope you find it useful.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @brendacarey and everyone,

This feature is now in BETA, you can learn more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/analyze-marketing-emails-in-the-custom-report-builder#email-pe...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @brendacarey and everyone,

This feature is now in BETA, you can learn more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/analyze-marketing-emails-in-the-custom-report-builder#email-pe...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler,

Thank you for sharing this exciting update with the Community! 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
ALeonard1
Participant

SOLVE

I can't believe this doesn't exist. Here's a post in the Ideas thread about the need for this feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Recommended-Email-Send-Day-Time/idi-p/430050

Please consider upvoting so HubSpot addresses this need. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this idea, @ALeonard1!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
sarboledap
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Brenda, I had the same question recently trying to set up the year's KPIs and I found an interesting tool in the Analyze Overview in the Email Marketing section. You have the Email Performance Report where you can identify the best performing campaigns in a graphic. This is the graphic where you can select the more accurate day and time to send your campaigns.

Email PerformanceEmail Performance

It works for me, hope you find it useful.

GaelO
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @sarboledap but it still a micro view per campaign / email. This dashboard gives you best open rates and click rates but open rate depends not only on timing.

Any mailer knows when emailing are open, based on that data. Therefore, you can have a graph of best timing zone regarding your own audience. Pretty sure of it based on previous use of mailer. Too bad HS don't invest into their own mailer

evfishr
Contributor

SOLVE

I would like this feature as well, this is hugely important for email marketing.

An easy way for HubSpot to accomplish this would be to add "Email Send Time" as a column option in the emails part of the tool. With this, people can export emails along with Email Send Time, Open Rate, Click Rate, etc. With this missing, it's really hard to monitor this across emails. 

AndrewinKC
Contributor

SOLVE

A previous email platform that I used would actually track open times od each contacts and average that out. You could then send an email using a feature called, "Send-Time Optimization." This would deliver the email into the recipient's inbox at the best time for that contact.

The downside was that it could take 24 hours for your email send to complete. We did not use this often, but every once in a while.

Andrew

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Haven't you heard! 😉

- see How to use the optimizer in your HubSpot MARKETING emails

- see Schedule a one-to-one email from the CRM

And for more robust MARKETING email sends use - see SeventhSense (a HubSpot integration partner)

+1

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I second @MFrankJohnson, we've been using SeventhSense to great effect.  They're soon to launch a self-serve feature too!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
stimmer

SOLVE

Why should I have to spend more money to integrate with a 3rd party for a report that already should be in the platform.  HubSpot already knows when an email is opened.  It wouldn't surprise me if HubSpot is already recording it.  Sounds like a standard report that most email platforms would have.

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @brendacarey,

Great question! Currently, there is not a canned report in the Reporting library that summarizes email engagement based on time of open. Similarly, because of the reporting add-on would allow you to get granular in terms of date, but not specific time stamps of email opens.

One of the best options moving toward would be to review the performance tab on individual emails sent from your portal. This report will show you email engagement and open rates over time. Based on this data, you can then experiment with the best times to send emails to your contacts. 

Best,

Jorie

AlishaCamacho
Participant

SOLVE

I assumed this would be a pre-existing priority functionality as part of Hubspot's marketing features and efforts, especially as a leader in the marketing space. On our end, we have very niche target audiences, and it is unfortunate that we are unable to run reports to determine the best day and time to send our marketing emails. To manually report on our emails one by one is unrealistic, and I know many are in the same boat here. I agree with many of the other commenters, that this should be made available as part of Hubspot's subscriptions/memberships, as opposed to looking at a third-party app, since this is an important marketing email feature, and again, Hubspot positions itself as a leader in digital marketing. 

Deborah
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jorie @JorieMunroe ,

do you know, is that still the current status?
Are there any other ways/reports in HubSpot to find out the best time to send emails besides the Email Optimizer?
Possibly also contact related?

Best regards,

Deborah