Reporting & Analytics

Gfrutchey
Participant

Report based on social campaigns

SOLVE

I have a handful of campaigns that are associated with social posts based on what the purpose of the post is. For example, we have social posts dedicated to promoting case studies (Social_Case Study) and posts dedicated to shouting out new hires (Social_Shout Out - New Hire).

I want to set up a report that would allow my social media manager to be able to see how each of these campaigns is doing at a quick glance with commonly tracked social media metrics like clicks, impressions, etc.

If anyone has this setup or knows a way to set it up I am all ears, thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Gfrutchey, awesome question!

If you already have HubSpot campaigns created and the respective social posts associated with each campaign, you should be in good shape!

If you head to the campaign page, there should be a section for "Social posts" that aggregates the clicks by social network (at least that's what I'm seeing on my end). That insight is a bit limited and may not do it for you, so I also recommend checking out the campaign filtering option within the social tool.

If you head to Marketing Social and click on the Analyze tab, you'll see arguably the most powerful social reporting in HubSpot. Among the top filters, you'll see "Campaigns," which allows you to filter all of the data by a particular campaign (assuming that the social posts have been asociated with a campaign):

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.31.06 PM.png

From there, it looks like you can save those individual reports to a dashboard, though it doesn't look like you can filter the report by campaign once it has been added to a dashboard. However, your social media manager should be able to head to the Analyze page, filter by campaign, and grab the data that they need (clicks, impressions, interactions, shares, sessions, you name it!).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Gfrutchey, awesome question!

If you already have HubSpot campaigns created and the respective social posts associated with each campaign, you should be in good shape!

If you head to the campaign page, there should be a section for "Social posts" that aggregates the clicks by social network (at least that's what I'm seeing on my end). That insight is a bit limited and may not do it for you, so I also recommend checking out the campaign filtering option within the social tool.

If you head to Marketing Social and click on the Analyze tab, you'll see arguably the most powerful social reporting in HubSpot. Among the top filters, you'll see "Campaigns," which allows you to filter all of the data by a particular campaign (assuming that the social posts have been asociated with a campaign):

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.31.06 PM.png

From there, it looks like you can save those individual reports to a dashboard, though it doesn't look like you can filter the report by campaign once it has been added to a dashboard. However, your social media manager should be able to head to the Analyze page, filter by campaign, and grab the data that they need (clicks, impressions, interactions, shares, sessions, you name it!).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Gfrutchey
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply Jolle!

That is pretty much as far as we got as well. I was really hoping that I would be able to present something that was in a table format that could quickly display a handful of stats for each social campaign like clicks, impressions, shares, etc. but it looks like that isn't possible at this time.

It sounds like our best option moving forward is to click through each campaign to retrieve these stats manually.

Thank you so much for the thorough explanation!

0 Upvotes