Reporting & Analytics

Rgagnon
Membre

Redirect for Unused and Related Domains

Résolue

This may not be the place to ask this question but I own all these derivations of my main URL (.co, .net, .biz), etc. that are currently parked.  Is is appropriate to redirect all that to my main URL?

I've bought them and held them over time to keep someone else from jumping on my URL but I don't want to get punished in search results by showing up with a bunch of duplicate content.

Same question regarding other domains I own - - For example, if my domain is Widget.com and I own "How to buy a widget" -- is it appropriate to redirect those to my URL?

Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @Rgagnon, indeed, this is probably not the best place to ask this - though HubSpot has some SEO tools, SEO is not our main area of expertise!

However, I did find a few threads/posts from MOZ, who are definitely known as one of the ultimate resources for SEO optimization:

Is pointing multiple domains to a single website beneficial for SEO or not?

Domain Forwarding - SEO Impacts?

Redirection - SEO Best Practices

The consensus seems to be that there won't be any kind of impact for SEO, positive or negative, as long as the the domain names 301 redirect to the primary URL instead of being pointed as aliases.

I hope this helps!

May

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @Rgagnon, indeed, this is probably not the best place to ask this - though HubSpot has some SEO tools, SEO is not our main area of expertise!

However, I did find a few threads/posts from MOZ, who are definitely known as one of the ultimate resources for SEO optimization:

Is pointing multiple domains to a single website beneficial for SEO or not?

Domain Forwarding - SEO Impacts?

Redirection - SEO Best Practices

The consensus seems to be that there won't be any kind of impact for SEO, positive or negative, as long as the the domain names 301 redirect to the primary URL instead of being pointed as aliases.

I hope this helps!

May

0 Votes
Rgagnon
Membre

Résolue

Thanks so much May!  That was a huge help.