Reporting & Analytics

sabuein
Participant

Offline sources and contact properties

SOLVE

Hello community,

I have a question regarding the Offline sources and contact properties; especially those provide web analytics history and conversion information, as mentioned in this article.

If the contact Original or Latest source was Offline sources; does this mean this contact will not have a First touch converting campaign nor Last touch converting campaign, web analytics history in general, in the future at all?

Does offline sources also affect the use of tracking URLs with such contacts?

In this article, you have stated the following about understanding traffic categorized under Offline sources:

"However, because these metrics come from offline sources, they will not have certain metrics, such as sessions. To view the source drilldown data of the new contacts, click the Offline sources source."

Will this also apply to the values of above-mentioned attributes?

Sincerely,

Salah.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sabuein,

Thanks for reaching out!

We can manually set original source properties for a contact which can be pulled into reporting. As far as associating campaign information for contacts created from an offline source, this isn't possible at the time I'm afraid.

I wanted to refer you to this related feature request in the Ideas Forum. I would recommend upvoting it and commenting on why this feature would be useful. 

That said, I wanted to share a workaround solution presented by a fellow customer that I believe would be well used for your use case. Here is a link to their write-up. There are a few other workarounds offered on this post from our ideas forum as well. I also wanted to share this workaround with you. 

I hope this helps! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sabuein,

Thanks for reaching out!

We can manually set original source properties for a contact which can be pulled into reporting. As far as associating campaign information for contacts created from an offline source, this isn't possible at the time I'm afraid.

I wanted to refer you to this related feature request in the Ideas Forum. I would recommend upvoting it and commenting on why this feature would be useful. 

That said, I wanted to share a workaround solution presented by a fellow customer that I believe would be well used for your use case. Here is a link to their write-up. There are a few other workarounds offered on this post from our ideas forum as well. I also wanted to share this workaround with you. 

I hope this helps! 

Best,

Kristen

sabuein
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Kristen. Very helpful answer, thank you.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

You're welcome, @sabuein!

Glad to hear it helps 🙂 

0 Upvotes